AVIC411.com

Avic-N1 and AVH-P6800DVD

Ok so here it goes. I'm going to appologize in advance if I sound condesending or stupid, in the following info.

Parts needed

2x cheap rcas

2x rca barrel connectors

5x spdt relays

How to wire

Relay 1

85 - Guide On wire from the n1. It should be in the rca output harness

86 - +12volts

87 - Ground

30 - Output to the mute wire of the 6800 and 85 of relays 2-5

This is where the rcas come in. You'll have to cut them in half so make sure you get at least 3ft rcas. After you cut them in half strip back about 2 inches. You'l see the ground sheild and the center conductor. The center conductor is the + and the ground sheild is obviously the ground. Then it's white for left and red for front.

Relay 2

85 - input from pin 30 of relay 1

86 - +12volts

87a - Left Front + rca from 6800

87 - Left Front + rca from n1

30 - Left Front + rca output for the amp (This is where you put the barrel connector and plug the left front rca going to the amp into.)

Relay 3

86 - +12volts

87a - Left Front - rca from 6800

87 - Left Front - rca from n1

30 - Left Front - rca output for the amp (This is where you put the barrel connector and plug the left front rca going to the amp into.)

Relay 4

86 - +12volts

87a - Right Front + rca from 6800

87 - Right Front + rca from n1

30 - Right Front + rca output for the amp (This is where you put the barrel connector and plug the right front rca going to the amp into.)

Relay 5

86 - +12volts

87a - Right Front - rca from 6800

87 - Right Front - rca from n1

30 - Right Front - rca output for the amp (This is where you put the barrel connector and plug the right front rca going to the amp into.)

Basically how this rig works is by default, the audio output to your amp will come from the 6800. When the avic goes into it's vioce prompt mode, it'll mute the 6800 and turn on the relays. That will then feed the left and right front audio signal from the avic to the amp. The only downside I can say about this setup (with a d series anyway) is you must turn off the beep when you touch the screen cause that causes the circuit to activate. That may not be the case though with the n. Also make sure to set the voice volume all the way down when you first set it up, then work your way up until it's at a good volume.

• 2 weeks later...

I am currently trying to determine how to add navigation to an avh 6800. I found an avic 88 dvd and was wondering if I could use this and control the nav functions with the avh 6800. I realy prefer having the 4v pre-outs and the 6-disc dvd so please don't recommend a D2 or Z1. Thanks...