AVIC411.com

Will there be a 2011 upgrade for Z series

Hey guys im new to the forum...

I have a Z1 and im wondering if anyone knows if pioneer is making a map ugrade for 2011. mayb a CNDV 1100hd? I really want to upgrade my nav and I'll like to know this before i spend $120 on the CNDV 1000hd. that would suck.

I'll appreciate any advice.

• 2 months later...

UPDATE:

It won't be coming out. Just got off the phone with Shelly, from Customer Support. She spoke with the staff in the Navigation Dept. and was told that they do NOT plan to release a 2011 map update for the AVIC-Z2/Z3 line this year. And, Pioneer is only going to release map updates every other year (once every 2 years) instead of every year. My understanding was that meant every unit will only have map updates every 2 years.

Would've been nice if Pioneer would've given us a 2011 update and put us on the same 2-yr update schedule as the newer models...since the Z120BT, X920BT, Z110BT, U220 and U310BT all have 2011 updates.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Pioneer customer service just told me over the phone that in Aug.-Sept. this year they will have the map update. The Z series skips it every two years.

Lets hope this will happen!!!

So, what I said above (7 months ago). What?...you guys didn't believe me? "Insert Rodney Dangerfield quote here."

• 2 months later...