AVIC411.com

Updated 2011 maps

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Just in case that you are interested, I found this post about the Navteq 2011 Q2 Maps for North America.

http://gpsundergroun...g-unlocked.html

I tested with FX 3.1 on a F90BT and works great, in my area Navteq seems more accurate.

Just FYI.

That is great, but is there a torrent somewhere for this? It will take two days to download all three files unless you BUY a premium upgrade for Link-Safe :(

I finally got the Navteq 2011 maps installed. Comparison of Navteq VS TeleAtlas 2011 maps:

The TA maps have been nicely updated. The hwy signs now have route numbers on them as well. Also, there are many updated speed limit signs here now in Canada. New roads that have been constructed here are also now showing up in these new maps.

The Navteq maps do not really have any changes in them. Still no hwy signs are present that I can see. New roads have been updated, but that is it. Here in Canada, Navteq maps have always been more accurate, especially when on Rural roads, but that is now changing as TA is catching up in that dept, and the TA maps have more features (such as hwy signs and exits).

Using both, I would definately recommend the TA maps, however, it is definately wise to have both on the system, in case one is lacking the street in question (which has happened with older versions of the TA maps)

I finally got the Navteq 2011 maps installed. Comparison of Navteq VS TeleAtlas 2011 maps:

The TA maps have been nicely updated. The hwy signs now have route numbers on them as well. Also, there are many updated speed limit signs here now in Canada. New roads that have been constructed here are also now showing up in these new maps.

The Navteq maps do not really have any changes in them. Still no hwy signs are present that I can see. New roads have been updated, but that is it. Here in Canada, Navteq maps have always been more accurate, especially when on Rural roads, but that is now changing as TA is catching up in that dept, and the TA maps have more features (such as hwy signs and exits).

Using both, I would definately recommend the TA maps, however, it is definately wise to have both on the system, in case one is lacking the street in question (which has happened with older versions of the TA maps)

Highway signs do work for me, and exit numbers too, the only thing is it seems to have few speed limit information, but i have not yet compared to TA, so I'm not sure if this is true. I will verify and comment back later. I guess it depends on where do you live, I would say try to get the latest maps from both and try then to see what works for you one provider might be better in some areas than the other.

Also, it looks like TA has more POIs, so for now I'm using Navteq maps with TA POIs.

Highway signs do work for me, and exit numbers too, the only thing is it seems to have few speed limit information,

Highway signs do work for NT maps, however, not the same way as the TA maps. Using NT maps, I only see hwy signs in major cities such as Toronto, Montreal. However, using TA maps, I see signs for EVERY exit on major hwy's all across Ontario. The hwy signs are there in NT, just limited.

• 2 weeks later...