AVIC411.com

CNSD-210FM European SD Card download (2011)

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to let you guys know - i didn't get the 2011 working according to the instructions above - first of all I got annoyed after EXACTLY 3 HOURS of watching "Now pasting... Please wait...".

I've pulled the sd out and I believe not everything got copied to the internal hard drive.

I'll check every single folder if everything is in there as it should be but i need time for it - i'll do it later today.

Once the device rebooted it showed Navteq 2010 splash screen so i knew the app itself didn't get updated - it must be located in user folder - even though there is BG folder in NDATA with Navteq 2011 splash screen.

I'll post the update later today.

Hi

I have managed to disentangle the instructions and have upgraded to 2.004 using the patch, however when I put the SD card in with SD1 on it nothing happens, is there an order for the folders? I have Update and Firmware, or do you have to open the Update folder and add the contents to the SD card like that?

Thanks

Finally managed to untangle the various instructions and managed to update my F20BT perfectly so thanks you to everyone for making this available. In case this is of interest I have this unit fitted in a Ford Kuga. Originally I had a F10BT and I noticed that the navigation feature was awful; the thing that was happening to me was that the car was always too far in advance of the actaual position on the map. Obviously to start with I tried adjusting the settings, buet every time I set off the car would get ahead of the map which was a problem if you were waiting for instructions about turnings or lanes. Eventally (after lots of calls and letters) I was invited to Pioneer HQ in Slough (in the UK) they insecpted the unit and did a software upgrade. The problem remined. I was invited back and they did some tests to the unit and put it into a diagnosit mode, then we drove around for an hour taking co-ordinates etc. The technician with me agreed that the car was never in the position reported on the map. They changed the unit and gave me an F20BT (that was good of them) however the problem remained. They sent the data to Japan and have been told that the unit is working within tolerances.

I then ran some of my own tests; using the TomTom app on my iPhone I looked at the the coordinates it was reporting and compared these against the AVIC, then I compared these with Google maps using several fixed positions. I got some remarkable results; the TomTom app was almost spot on according to Google, the AVIC unit was always around 500-700m out. I changed GPS antennas, disconnected the speed sensor and so on but the issue remains.

I have to conclude that everyone else either dosen't expoerience this, or they do but think it is acceptable? I'm staggered that the TomTom app on my phone, with no external antenna, reports my position far more accutately that this top of the range unit. Pioneer told me that unless other people complain they won't take the case any further, I'm a bit surprised by all this, it can't be the vehicle that is causing an issue as surely that would also interfere with the iPhone app??

I've got used to it now and always use a TomTom satnav if I really need to find my way somewhere as I am so fed up with driving past turnings and not knowing which lane to take, or having to go round roundabouts twice so the system can catch up!!

Kind regards

Dr Mong

Hi

I have managed to disentangle the instructions and have upgraded to 2.004 using the patch, however when I put the SD card in with SD1 on it nothing happens, is there an order for the folders? I have Update and Firmware, or do you have to open the Update folder and add the contents to the SD card like that?

Thanks

With the Z120 upgrade (was it called CNSD-110FM ?), the SD root had the AVICZ110 directory. The rest of the directorys were under that. I believe it is the same now. But since I don't have CNSD-210FM, or an EU AVIC, I can't verify

Update: from your next post, it looks like you got it sorted out. In order to help others, what was the fix?

Finally managed to untangle the various instructions and managed to update my F20BT perfectly so thanks you to everyone for making this available. In case this is of interest I have this unit fitted in a Ford Kuga. Originally I had a F10BT and I noticed that the navigation feature was awful; the thing that was happening to me was that the car was always too far in advance of the actaual position on the map. Obviously to start with I tried adjusting the settings, buet every time I set off the car would get ahead of the map which was a problem if you were waiting for instructions about turnings or lanes. Eventally (after lots of calls and letters) I was invited to Pioneer HQ in Slough (in the UK) they insecpted the unit and did a software upgrade. The problem remined. I was invited back and they did some tests to the unit and put it into a diagnosit mode, then we drove around for an hour taking co-ordinates etc. The technician with me agreed that the car was never in the position reported on the map. They changed the unit and gave me an F20BT (that was good of them) however the problem remained. They sent the data to Japan and have been told that the unit is working within tolerances.

I then ran some of my own tests; using the TomTom app on my iPhone I looked at the the coordinates it was reporting and compared these against the AVIC, then I compared these with Google maps using several fixed positions. I got some remarkable results; the TomTom app was almost spot on according to Google, the AVIC unit was always around 500-700m out. I changed GPS antennas, disconnected the speed sensor and so on but the issue remains.

I have to conclude that everyone else either dosen't expoerience this, or they do but think it is acceptable? I'm staggered that the TomTom app on my phone, with no external antenna, reports my position far more accutately that this top of the range unit. Pioneer told me that unless other people complain they won't take the case any further, I'm a bit surprised by all this, it can't be the vehicle that is causing an issue as surely that would also interfere with the iPhone app??

I've got used to it now and always use a TomTom satnav if I really need to find my way somewhere as I am so fed up with driving past turnings and not knowing which lane to take, or having to go round roundabouts twice so the system can catch up!!

Kind regards

Dr Mong

Maybe you could clean-up the instuctions and post it to help others?

The rest of this should be in a new or different thread - it is a general complaint about the NAV. Lets not get side-tracked here.

IN case this is of help to others this is the process I followed, its the same as described in the instructions above, but I found some of the stages confusing. This might help.

In summary, there are several distinct stages you need to complete. I was starting with an F20BT running version 2.000, so you may have to amend the instructions if you are starting from somewhere else. (To check your version select system settings, then service information and hold the upper left corner of the screen for a few seconds)

The different stages are:

• Upgrade the firmware to 2.003
  • Upgrade the firmware to 2.004 using a special patched file
  • Upgrade the mapping software
  • Upgrade the BT (optional I think)

You need to download the various files before you start, and also have some SD discs available. You will need at least 4GB for the mapping software. I managed to download the mapping software for free but it took 2 days as there was a maximum download limit, also if you are new to this you can download parts of the package at the same time - I managed to download 4 at the same time, but you still have to wait around 5 minutes benween downloads.

Here is where you get the various files from:

To upgrade to 2.003 http://www.pioneer.com.au/files/support/AVIC-F20BT_F920BT/AU/2.003000_auto.exe

To upgrade to 2.004 http://avic411.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=14745

Mapping software http://linksave.in/8682446534e3da6a37032a

Upgrade software to 2.003

Download the file, unzip it. You will see a folder called AVICZ110 , copy this onto a blank SD card, there mustn't be anything else on the card.

Put the card in the system, the system will recognise it and automatically start to update the firmware. It takes about 2 minutes. If this doesn't happen you have probably either got something else on the card or not formatted the card in the way Pioneer likes (use default cluster size in the format options)

When it is fnished check the version again by going into the service information screen.

Upgrade to 2.004

This is slightly different. You are going to created a special update file that will then allow you to istall the mapping software.

Using the previous AVICZ110 folder you are going to change two files, the new files are contained in the second download above. So using the 'new' files overwrite EU090APL.VER, and then also overwrite RenewalIFLib.dll. This patched AVICZ100 folder will then be used for the firmware upgrade.

Put this folder onto a blank SD card and update the system as before. You can then check the version using the service information screen.

Upgrade the mapping software

Download the 32 parts of the package. Use the last file to unzip into a folder, the password for the unzipping is 'digital-eliteboard'

You will then find that there are two folders called SD1 and SD2.

Open SD1 and you will see two folders and a cardinfo file, copy these to a blank SD card at least 4GB in size.

Put the SD card in the system and it will start the upgrade. At this point is asks you for a Pioneer password, the patched file that you previously used allows you to overcome this. Type in passwordpassword and the system will then proceed with the update. It takes about 30-35 minutes. At the end the system powers off and then restarts.

Upgrading the BT

I followed the instructions in these posts which seem a bit odd as I was starting with BT version 3.11, and 'upgraded' to 3.10, and from there to 3.12. However it all worked so maybe there is a reason for doing it this way.

Using the mapping software still on the SD go to Bluetooth settings and select upgrade firmware, it will upgrade to 3.10, in my case this was a downgrade. It takes around 5 minutes.

Use another SD card and copy SD2 from the big mapping download. The folder you need is called Firmware.

Put this in the system and go to Bluetooth settings and select firmware upgrade. The system will check the SD card and start the upgrade it takes around 10 minutes. At the end it will say you are now on 3.12.

FINALLY! I managed to update the maps and the bluetooth in my F920BT, thank you very much Dr Mong, you're a genius!

I was looking for forums that also could put other GPS, TomTom, Garmin, etc. is that possible?

Thank you very much!

FINALLY! I managed to update the maps and the bluetooth in my F920BT, thank you very much Dr Mong, you're a genius!

I was looking for forums that also could put other GPS, TomTom, Garmin, etc. is that possible?

Thank you very much!

I have a AVIC F920BT with Platform Ver: 2,000

Application Ver: 2,003

Version: 02.0000

Bluetooth Ver 3.11

I want to update it with the file I downloaded CNSD-210FM composed of 30 parts, I can do?, tell me how to make, I read the pages, but I can not understand the steps, help me, thanks, as I can unpack directly CNSD-210FM files in sd? or should I add more files and if so what?

Thank you very much!

Hi giuseppe, the only thing I did was follow the steps that Dr Mong wrote a little higher, you get off the 2003 version, to put it in SD, you have to format a FAT32 SD and record whatever you want, as long do the same. Installs, then get off the 2004 version that are 2 files, paste thefolder to overwrite the 2003 version and installed this version in the 920bt.

Finally, to install the maps you put the 3 files from the SD 1 and SD to install, it will ask for a password that is "passwordpassword" and are already installed. To update the bluetoothfirmware put the folder in the SD 2 SD, and install it.

It is best to follow in the footsteps of Dr Mong is best explained step by step. # 68