AVIC411.com

XM Reception dies until reboot of stereo (Avic N3 AND X920BT)

I've had this issues for a while, it dates back to my Avic-N3 and continues with my X920BT. If I turn the radio on and listen to XM right away I have no problem whatsoever, I can drive for 8 hours and not have any issues. However, if I listen to my iPod for a long time and decide to switch to XM it'll act as if there's no reception and there will be dead silence and no pad data disaplyed (or old cached pad data). When I had my N3 I could get around this by removing the faceplate of the radio and putting it back in to 'reset' everything and then it would work fine. Since there's no way to do that on the N3 I have to shut my engine off and back on, then the XM will work again. I'm thinking there's an issue with my XM tuner, I'm curious if anyone else has experienced this?

I forget which tuner model I'm using but it was the first tuner with Nav Traffic (Too bad I can't use that on the X920).

Since I have an XM lifetime subscription, I'm not not going to swap out the tuner unless it goes totally dead since I'll use up one of my three 'swap' options plus it'll cost $$ to swap my sub.

-Keith

• 3 weeks later...