AVIC411.com

GM olive XM antenna to typical pink XM antenna

this next weekend, I'll be installing a new avic-x930bt along with an existing (installed in another car) gex-p930xm into a Pontiac Solstice I recently bought. It comes with stock xm and want to use the existing xm antenna. However, the existing GM XM antenna has an olive colored plastic end with three fins spaced equally instead of the typical pink xm antenna.

looking for suggestions on making it work. I would also like to be able to take the gex-p930xm out of this car and back to it's existing car on occasion (i.e. when driving the other car for extended amounts of time instead of the roadster), so would want it's plug to stay as is.

I've seen the pink plastic end pieces sold on ebay but didn't know how well I could swap out the existing olive colored for the pink and still have it make a good connection. My first instinct is to add some extra groves to the inside of the olive piece so it fits with the pink and use tape to ensure it stays tight to the pioneer xm tuner.

thoughts or suggestions?

post-54999-0-40969000-1313343552_thumb.jpg

I've also seen this adapter that might work with less dremeling

http://www.xm-radio-satellite.com/fakra_adapter_cable_for_sirius_xm_smb_antennas_smb_fka.aspx

SMB_FKA_front.jpg