AVIC411.com

I'm moving into an appradio from an AVIC-D3. One of the features I liked best about the D3 is, if I was on a map and the iPod track changed, artist and title popped along the bottom of the map display, and in turn if anything else was on the display when a map move was approaching, the map moved to the foreground for the duration of the event.

Is anything at all like this possible with the appradio?

The App Radio is only a monitor for whatever app you are displaying so it won't have anything to do with the head unit itself. That should be an app specific function. Regardless if you are expecting any modern unit to in anyway act like a 5 plus year old unit you likely will be very disappointed.

I have the app radio and VBlue is correct. This is just a conduit for the iPhone/iPod. While the unit does have the iPod controls, it does not overlay any type of popup over any other app that is running. So if I am using Motion GPS Drive, I use the in app function to control my music from the iPhone screen. This is a very 1.0 product but will get better with software updates from Pioneer. I would like to see a hideable info bar that would list currently playing media etc and a universal back button to get back to the Appradio app. Well see what happens though.

I have the app radio and VBlue is correct. This is just a conduit for the iPhone/iPod. While the unit does have the iPod controls, it does not overlay any type of popup over any other app that is running. So if I am using Motion GPS Drive, I use the in app function to control my music from the iPhone screen. This is a very 1.0 product but will get better with software updates from Pioneer. I would like to see a hideable info bar that would list currently playing media etc and a universal back button to get back to the Appradio app. Well see what happens though.

Hello! If you do the click-the-appradio-home-button-twice thing to bring up the audio control overlay, you can still track forward and back and pause on the Appradio's screen regardless of what app is running. It's not an issue for me because I have all the songs on my iPhone set for random, but if you wanna play a specific artist you'd still need to browse with MotionX's in-app music browser.

Yup knew about that. Just wish the slide out was more robust, maybe show info along with controls and a universal back button to the Appradio app.

I emailed motionX the other day, they said some others had requested music controls on the head unit screen and they are going to be working it out on a future version.