AVIC411.com

AVIC-X930BT - Low volume overall

Hello all,

I have a avic-x930bt with a gmos-lan-04. I love the unit so far.

Now when my unit is on, the sound just seems so low... a lot lower the stock. At The max volume at 40 I cant hear it that well on the highway with windows down. I cant even hear the volume until about 15, the overall sound of the unit is very low.

Is there something internally on the adaptor to make the volume higher?

Also, the navigation voice and bluetooth volume is very low. I have the sound turned up the loudest setting, but its still very low (like I cant hear it with the windowns open.) Does the gmos-lan-04 have volume control that makes everything louder (music, nav, bluetooth voice)

If the music is on, it doesnt turn down when navigation is on, but just talks over the radio which doesn't seem right. Is that how everyone's unit is? It would be nice if the music dimmed out and the navigation voice spoke over the music playing.

Lastly, my bluetooth connection is bad. There is only one bar (out of the three) filled and it gets disconnected sometimes. It does connect, but loses connection sometimes throughout a trip... could it be my phone (LG rogue)

Thanks for the help

Hello all,

I have a avic-x930bt with a gmos-lan-04...

...the sound just seems so low... a lot lower the stock. At The max volume at 40 I cant hear it that well on the highway with windows down. I cant even hear the volume until about 15, the overall sound of the unit is very low.

Is there something internally on the adaptor to make the volume higher?

yes, since you are using the gmos 04, that means that you have a factory amp driving the speakers, the GMOS has to gain knobs on the sides of it (each knob (POT) are on different sides)

one of the knobs is a gain adjustment for the volume (this is what you need to adjust) BUT dont just turn it up all the way, you will get distortion and with most GM's you can get an alternator whine, so turn the radio up with the car running and then adjust the knob to as high as possibal WITH out any distortion or whine (to test for whine, turn the radio to volume 1 and rev the motor a little, hopefully the blower's noise wont get in the way )

the other knob is for the volume of the door chimes, most people want these turned down pretty low as to not be annoying as hell

If the music is on, it doesnt turn down when navigation is on, but just talks over the radio which doesn't seem right. Is that how everyone's unit is? It would be nice if the music dimmed out and the navigation voice spoke over the music playing.
there should be a setting for this

Lastly, my bluetooth connection is bad. There is only one bar (out of the three) filled and it gets disconnected sometimes. It does connect, but loses connection sometimes throughout a trip... could it be my phone (LG rogue)
check to make sure that you have the most up-to-date BT software on both the phone and the AVIC, but some phones just have major problems with the bluetooth in the avic's