AVIC411.com

Z110BT USA Upgrade with CSND-210FM (2011)

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I downloaded the torrent and did everything step by step and I have what I think is now a huge problem. When I first started the CNSD-210FM update it started up fine but then at 8% it stopped and said that the wrong SD card was in and to put the correct one in. I took it out (I had to hold down the eject button for about 5 seconds and then release) and then I just put it back in. It thought about it for a second and then said the same thing. So, from this point I took the SD card back out and reformatted it and put all the files back on. When I put the SD card back in it actually started working again and went all the way to 99% (it did take about 20 minutes to get there) when it hit 99% it stopped again and said the same thing (wrong SD card). So, I took it out and did exactly what I did the first time it happened but now it won't continue any further and actually when I put the card back in it now says it's at 98%. Now I am stuck, and I hope someone here knows how to help. Of course, I cannot do anything with the unit because when I turn it on, it says I need to insert an SD card to continue. I really hope I am not screwed. I would appreciate any help anyone has to offer.

So, I downloaded the torrent and did everything step by step and I have what I think is now a huge problem. When I first started the CNSD-210FM update it started up fine but then at 8% it stopped and said that the wrong SD card was in and to put the correct one in. I took it out (I had to hold down the eject button for about 5 seconds and then release) and then I just put it back in. It thought about it for a second and then said the same thing. So, from this point I took the SD card back out and reformatted it and put all the files back on. When I put the SD card back in it actually started working again and went all the way to 99% (it did take about 20 minutes to get there) when it hit 99% it stopped again and said the same thing (wrong SD card). So, I took it out and did exactly what I did the first time it happened but now it won't continue any further and actually when I put the card back in it now says it's at 98%. Now I am stuck, and I hope someone here knows how to help. Of course, I cannot do anything with the unit because when I turn it on, it says I need to insert an SD card to continue. I really hope I am not screwed. I would appreciate any help anyone has to offer.

Card is bad. Reformat the SD card (again) or buy a new one. I had the same issue when upgrading from the previous update, reformatting the card (I had to do it three times) fixed the issue.

Card is bad. Reformat the SD card (again) or buy a new one. I had the same issue when upgrading from the previous update, reformatting the card (I had to do it three times) fixed the issue.

Thanks for the reply. You were right. It was the card. I got a new one and everything went smoothly from there. It feels good to be fully updated! Thanks everyone who had a hand in making this thing happen!!

are SD1 and SD2 folders suppose to be on the same SD card?

No, as stated below.

Place the contents of SD1 on ONE card. You should have only 3 things on the one card:

Firmware (folder) plus all the content of the folder

Update (folder) plus all the content of the folder

CARDINFO.cif (file)

Put the card in the unit and update.

Remove the card.

Reformat the card (FAT32, default allocation)

Put the contents of SD2 folder on the card.

Put the card in the unit and update.

I know this has been said before, and anyone with more info will be greatly appreciated.

I tried to do the update but the sd1 card goes upto 8 % and stopped and is asking for the right card, I have since tried 4 different cards and formatted and still the same thing, doesn't move forward and stuck at 8%. Any help......or words of wisdom. Also what happens now if I go the store to buy another one and turn the car off?

I know this has been said before, and anyone with more info will be greatly appreciated.

I tried to do the update but the sd1 card goes upto 8 % and stopped and is asking for the right card, I have since tried 4 different cards and formatted and still the same thing, doesn't move forward and stuck at 8%. Any help......or words of wisdom. Also what happens now if I go the store to buy another one and turn the car off?

Hmm, well if it is only going up to 8%, maybe unzip it again as well as quick format the card. What unit are you updating, Z110BT untouched, Z110BT updated to the Z120BT? After I downloaded oh wait, did you download the patched file that you need to switch in SD 1 first? There are 2 files you need to drop in 2 spots after or before you move the files to the card. Those files are patched. I bet that's your problem. After I DLed and switched everythin I was going to repack it all with a write up on how to. Girlfriend was complainin though so I didn't.

Thanks Shanenatas,

I was trying to update the z120 with the 2.00300 version. I had done the patch and checked my version to be 2.004 before proceeding. However, I don't know what the real issue was but I have succeeded after trying multiple times. The issue I think I had most likely was some corruption possibly in the sd1 folder structure as I had my laptop suddenly restart when I was dwnloading the torrent file. So I decided to download the file again on a desktop this time and used the same old card I was getting errors with earlier and it went ahead as designed. I did turn my car off after being on for 2 hours and multiple failed attempts and went back to start and it asked for a sd card. I inserted the card and it started the process forward from 8%. Current version is 3.0

Thanks everybody for their input and posting this file.