AVIC411.com

D3 screen smashed in accident.

I had an accident this morning. The guy in front of me had to stop now to keep from hitting a kid that ran accross the road at 35 MPH, needless to say I had to stop now. Luckily I stopped before I hit him, but my dog was in the passenger seat and she ended up hitting my D3's touch screen and shattered it. If I could have caught that kid I would have strangled him. I went to my stereo shop and got an estimate, it was 1,065 to replace it. They quoted for an Avic-F930BT. I didn't find this on Pioneers website. I'm assuming they meant Avic-X930BT which is a current model replacement for my D3. I do have insurance for this, I'm just wondering what you guys think about this model? Yes my dog is okay, I absorbed most of the impact, I just couldn't keep her collar from hitting the screen.

• 2 weeks later...

there are people who offer the service on ebay to replace the broke screens for much cheaper than replacing the entire unit(unless you are looking for excuses to replace it)

such as this one

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PIONEER-AVIC-D3-TOUCHSCREEN-REPAIR-SERVICE-/380303028742?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item588bd3b206#ht_4071wt_906

I talked to my insurance company today, it looks like my stereo is covered with a $250 deductible. I spoke with their company that handles stereo repairs, since my installer isn't in their network, and read them the estimate I got. The rep told me that it's right in line with their prices and was turning it back to my insurance company to cut me a check.