AVIC411.com

bluetooth kit for n3

• 3 weeks later...

Someone is going to give me a BTB100 cheap to try with my N3. I see from the previous posts that it shows up as EXT-1. Does anyone know what will happen if the phone rings while I'm using one of the other sources -e.g. XM, IPOD, Radio, etc.? Will it interupt or will I have to exit that source and go into the EXT-1? TIA.

Yes, it does auto interupt and switch to the bluetooth adapter when the phone rings. But you'll have to go back to the other source on your own after your call.

Also, even though the manual says it will autoconnect with your phone, I could never get it to actually do it with my old RAZR... i had to manually connect my phone to it every time I got in the car.

And damn, I'm disappointed that the ROKR E6 won't connect to it, my LG CU500 won't connect to it at all either, and I am buying the E6 next week... partially in the hopes that it would work. Oh well, I'm still buying the phone, I guess I'll have to try the Parrot...

the lg and rockr are using a new bluetooth profile which is because they're for europe and are unlocked by local cell phone stores. they use a profile that will be available to use in the US in 2009 with compatible products only. the rockr's a great phone and had to give it up for my pioneer handsfree. i should've gone parrot. Bzarins is right, it doesn't pair up all the time like they say that it should, maybe it pairs up automatically with the 7500 but not with the n3.

I Just installed the BTB100 with a blackberry 7290 on an N3 and other than not having the address book feature I am quite pleased with the unit. I had tried other solutions and the biggest problem I had was the bluetooth "range" on the devices since they stayed powered on - e.g. It would stay paired after I got out of the vehicle until I was more than a certain distance away. Before the BTB100 I had been using a motorola blue tooth speaker and received a call after getting out of the car, but was still paired with the device and couldn't unlock the car fast enough to answer! Once I figured out the auto registration on the btb100 it pairs and unpairs within seconds of turning on/off the vehicle. I can understand some of the bad press on this forum about it, but it's not a bad solution - at least for me.

• 3 weeks later...

Guys, what microphone does the CD-BTB100 use? My car (2006 BMW M roadster) has built-in bluetooth and steering wheel controls , and in order to upgrade the stereo, I was planning to put in an N3 with this CD-BTB100 and use a PAC Audio SWI-PS to use my steering wheel controls. The mic for my built-in bluetooth is actually on the steering wheel, as are the answer/hangup and radio/phone buttons, which I wanted to also program and use.

Does either the AVIC N3 or the CD-BTB100 have a built-in mic, and how will it work? Thanks!