AVIC411.com

I have a 2010 Tacoma Access Cab TRD Off-Road non-JBL, non-Bluetooth, with a newly installed (by me) AVIC-X930BT. I have not hooked up the VSS wire and am not getting a MPH display, not a 0MPH, no display at all. Where, if at all, can you turn on this option in the different menus?

I was also wondering if anyone here knows if there is a wire in the factory radio harness, possibly through the speed controlled volume control input, that can be wired into the radio adapter to be used for the vss. The reason I ask is that when I installed the Metra Part# 70-1761 there is one wire that is no longer used. That, as stated from Metra, is for Illumination Grounding that is not used on current model Toyotas. On the factory harness in that same position is a white wire that apparently doesn't effect the aftermarket radio installation. Is it possible that this is the speed controlled volume input and can it be used for the VSS wire on the head unit?

Thank you,

Craig