AVIC411.com

POLL: If Pioneer could correct only one Z1 flaw for 2007...

If Pioneer could correct just one flaw of my AVIC-Z1, I would want them to...  

87 members have voted

1. 1. If Pioneer could correct just one flaw of my AVIC-Z1, I would want them to...

• improve its navigation!
    • improve the IPOD reaction time!
    • allow MP3 downloading!
    • allow lower case type editing!
    • add nice icons to the SIRIUS channel lineup like XM's icons!

Huh...one of those should have been fix the crappy Bluetooth!!! :roll:

What is all this I hear about bad Blue Tooth? Mine works great!

Mark

For one - I was actually expecting the Bluetooth to allow me to access the voice commands on my phone (RAZR 3Vc) as does my Bluetooth headset. I would really have no need for the Z1 phone book and would not have to learn new commands to make a call.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are over 12 pages of this issue, except for yours. :D

http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php? ... ix&start=0

and

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic. ... sc&start=0

...and those are the topics that were easy to find.

By the way, I had a chat with an engineer and installer over at Pioneer the other day to ask them a question about my Premier DEH-P980BT headunit and just happened to mention that the BT in my Z1 sucked ass. They both told me that they have narrowed the problem down to the firmware and it will be corrected when the next update is released. Of course they wouldn't tell me when that was. They also mentioned that during their testing with the current firmware, they found better results when they tried a microphone with noise cancellation but some echo was still present. Hopefully this is was true and we will have a software fix soon. By the way, this was not an in-person conversation. I called to speak to an installer/product support, asked him my question about the DEH-P980BT, mentioned the echo on the Z1, and then he had the engineer join in on the call.

Huh...one of those should have been fix the crappy Bluetooth!!! :roll:

I agree the BT issue should have been in the poll. That is the item I would like fixed. I have not applied the firmware fix yet because it will disable my current bypass and I have not read that its a real good fix.

I vote BT.

If you add it to the poll I will select it.

Companies should wake up and realize how lucky they are to have FREE testers like us that test their product in uncontrolled environments to uncover real bugs. Heck, we even pay $2k+ to test their products and report back to them! They should treat us very nicely and provide us feedback

I agree with you drober30, 100%. I am not a Beta Tester and do not wish to be a Beta Tester for Pioneer, especially when I have to pay $2000 clams. This is a feature (Blue tooth) that Pioneer advertises as one of the MAIN features of the unit and it DOES NOT PERFORM CORECTLY. I can see the little glitches like when you use voice dialing search to make a call, it goes back to the screen without doing that command. That is a minor issue, but the BLUETOOTH gets under my craw and unacceptable. When people see my system in my new Ford F-150 and say that's nice...I tell them JUNK. I do low voltage work, so most of the guys are geeks. Then I have to get into the explanation of the BLUETOOTH ISSUE. Instead of explaining it over and over, I just tell them to give me their phone, so I can call my BLUETOOTH ENABLED AVIC-Z1 and sit in the truck...that's all I need to do now. Once they hear the echo, they agree. Pioneer really dropped the ball on this one. Seems like they need new Engineers...clean house.

while i agree with the bluetooth issue, it is no where near as compatible as say the parrot, irregardless of obex or whatever verizon is doing to cripple the bluetooth stuff. But maybe you should try the update for the bluetooth, it has gotten great response, it has improved drastically compared to pre update software. just a thought for you is all

while i agree with the bluetooth issue, it is no where near as compatible as say the parrot, irregardless of obex or whatever verizon is doing to cripple the bluetooth stuff. But maybe you should try the update for the bluetooth, it has gotten great response, it has improved drastically compared to pre update software. just a thought for you is all

Improved? I paid for a working Bluetooth and I want working Bluetooth and I (we) am/are not tech support for Pioneer. Had I installed a Biometric System with a small issue, like not reading certain people's Iris, we would get sued. But hey, we are not Pioneer. I would be hard pressed to buy another Pioneer product again.

Just one of those days, bud. Don't mean to sound like I am pissed off at the world, but I am. I apologize for venting. This Pioneer thing is just the icing, yet in the scheme of things, bull@#it. I am still fighting 6 ave for a defective unit they sent me, no unit, no refund/credit. Since May 2006! Was I to leave a hole in my dash? I bought elsewhere thinking 6ave electronics would do the RIGHT thing. All I wanted was a unit that works. They have my hard earned cash and no unit! Figure that one out. I want the guy on the phone (how cordial he was) at 6ave Electronics the day I was buying the unit from him...where did he go after he made the sale? What happened to how a Customer is treated? There I go...again, sorry bud. :roll:

Sorry folks,

I forgot to add 'Bluetooth Fix' to the poll when I created it and unfortunately, I cannot ammend it. So for those of you who would prefer the bluetooth fix, please select another choice and I will also submit your discontent for the bluetooth to Pioneer when the poll is complete.

Yes, bluetooth on the Z1 has flaws and although the update did help with the echo, it still isn't perfect.

Thank you all for participating in the poll. It is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Kevin

Sorry folks,

I forgot to add 'Bluetooth Fix' to the poll when I created it and unfortunately, I cannot ammend it. So for those of you who would prefer the bluetooth fix, please select another choice and I will also submit your discontent for the bluetooth to Pioneer when the poll is complete.

Yes, bluetooth on the Z1 has flaws and although the update did help with the echo, it still isn't perfect.

Thank you all for participating in the poll. It is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Kevin

Anytime bud. :?

Improved? I paid for a working Bluetooth and I want working Bluetooth and I (we) am/are not tech support for Pioneer. Had I installed a Biometric System with a small issue, like not reading certain people's Iris, we would get sued. But hey, we are not Pioneer. I would be hard pressed to buy another Pioneer product again.

This is similar to my gripe with the Nav system. Why is it that Pioneer (or any big company for that matter) won’t fix the defect? Instead they will offer an “update†which we get to pay handsomely for. That’s BS. I paid 2K for a nav system and it should work, and it should work correctly. When you buy the flagship you expect the best. If I wanted “sort-of†I would have bought sort-of.

• 3 weeks later...
1 Eliminate the nag screen!! Why the heck do we have to click OK every time we get in the dam car!

2 how about an easy way to call your destination?!

3 How about iPod control that works with podcasts!

4 ability to access a keypad after a call has gone though or a shortcut to this.

The nag screen is just for legal. It is a necessay evil so Pioneer can cover their asses from idtiots who might want to sue.