AVIC411.com

Differences between X930BT and Z130BT

Looking to put an AVIC in my 2006 Toyota Tacoma and trying to decide between the X930BT and the Z130BT.

Can someone explain the difference between these 2 models that warrants the roughly $400 difference in price?

Some of the ones that I see are:

X930BT:

6.1" screen

Physical Volume knob and other Physical buttons (I'll plan on using the Steering wheel controls for at least Vol +/-)

Traffic recvr compatible (NOT INCLUDED)

3 2.2 Volt pre-outs (Front, Rear, SUB)

HD Radio compatible (NOT INCLUDED)

Z130BT:

7" screen

No Physical knobs or buttons

External Traffic recvr included

3 4.0 Volt pre-outs (Front, Rear, SUB)

Built in HD Radio

Any others that I should be aware of?

HD Radio will be in Salt Lake City and I usually listen to PODCASTS or PANDORA. I don't have an iPhone now (SPRINT), but have my FINGERS CROSSED for this October and hopefully will have one some day. So for the Podcasts & Pandora I use the Bluetooth A2DP(Streaming) between my current Android phone and the HU.

Thanks in advance!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I found out that there is a built-in low-pass crossover in the Z130. I have an Audison BitOne and after the Z130 was installed, sound quality dropped quite a bit...but it was just a matter of tweaking the BitOne to adapt to the Z130s integral crossover. I originally had a Pioneer AVH-4300DVD installed with the BitOne, and upgraded to the Z130.

• 2 weeks later...

Can the AVIC-X930BT control Pandora radio via bluetooth a2dp wirelessly?

you can stream pandora through BT and you'll be able to skip tracks and adjust volume but the HU will not display album art nor will you be able to choose playlists or thumbs up/down from the HU. (i think some folks have reported that iOS5 will enable these features)