AVIC411.com

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I brought tools home to fix a neighbor's power windows, and left a case full of Snap-On tools on the train this morning. I knew I should have driven in, but traffic has been sucking for the last week. Someone got a late Christmas present. I need to start drinking coffee in the mornings.

Well if you cant beat them jion them.

I am looking into getting one of the AVOX boxes. I have read alot, but one thing, how do you get the movies and such onto it?? I know Ill need the PSP car adapter, just cant seem to find how to load it.

PaisanNYC=back in August you posted a problem with yours. You ever figure it out about the sound and it freezing?

The Avox has a USB port to connect to your computer also. When connected, WindowsXP recognizes the Avox as a Removable Harddrive, with no drivers or software needed to be installed. Then just simply drag and drop files.

The problems I was having were actually my fault. I had copied some home-brew videos, as well as stuff I copied off of the TiVo. When I reencoded into MPEG2, I did not have the settings right in my dvd authoring program. I reset everything in that program back to default and voila! Everything has worked like a charm since then, DVD movies I ripped, MP3s and WMA's, divx movies, jpg pictures for a slide show, everything. To purchase an Avox plus a nice sized harddrive might run you just under $200, but for me it was worth it. Lemme know if you have any questions :)

I brought tools home to fix a neighbor's power windows, and left a case full of Snap-On tools on the train this morning. I knew I should have driven in, but traffic has been sucking for the last week. Someone got a late Christmas present. I need to start drinking coffee in the mornings.

You actually use TriRail. WOW

Traffic sucks EVERY day. But, that is SFLA.

Sorry that you forgot your tools.

The Avox has a USB port to connect to your computer also. When connected, WindowsXP recognizes the Avox as a Removable Harddrive, with no drivers or software needed to be installed. Then just simply drag and drop files.

The problems I was having were actually my fault. I had copied some home-brew videos, as well as stuff I copied off of the TiVo. When I reencoded into MPEG2, I did not have the settings right in my dvd authoring program. I reset everything in that program back to default and voila! Everything has worked like a charm since then, DVD movies I ripped, MP3s and WMA's, divx movies, jpg pictures for a slide show, everything. To purchase an Avox plus a nice sized harddrive might run you just under $200, but for me it was worth it. Lemme know if you have any questions :)

So exactly what I need to oreder: The AVOX, the PSP aadapter, the IR extender, (I have the links for the above from previous post), and a HD.

Will any 2.5" drive work? There are only about 14 listed on newegg.

Yes any 2.5" IDE drive will work. The IR Extender is not essential, i put up a link to it because I have my AVOX hidden in the glove box, but if you have a place to put it like some have, in a cubby hole under the radio or something, the AVOX's IR eye might be visible, and save you some $$ by not needing the IR extender.

• 1 month later...
I dunno how well versed you are in computers, but a DVD is an MPEG2 video, with AAC audio. You can easily take a *.vob file off of a dvd disk, rename it *.mpg, and it will play fine in any MPEG player (i.e. Windows media Player)

DVDs are MPEG-2 video with AC3 audio. AAC came out much later after the dvd spec was finalized, and is present on the new school BluRay/HD-DVD players.