AVIC411.com

Anyone try to convert a DVD to Mpeg-2 and see if the DVD-Rom drive will play it. I am just throwing around a couple of ideas. I am encoding Miami Vice right now. I am going to see if it works. Ill let you know, just wanted to ask and see if anyone else has done it. I may try SVCD also.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess the OP thinks since the cd slot will play mp3's the dvd slot will play mpeg2's. Unfortunately that is wrong. I am sure he is going to burn a disc anyways, trying to prove us wrong, and waste the time, effort, and blank disc in doing so ;)

If you like to have video, simply pickup an external dvd player for $50, or look into getting the Vantec AVOX like I did. Mine is 120GB harddrive stuffed with all kinds of goodies: mp3's, music videos, ripped dvd's, jpgs for slideshows, etc. I did quite a few posts on this here already.

No I didnt think that Dickhead. I just got my AVIC and was reading through the booklets, seeing the different formats. I mean, sorry for trying to learn something. Whats this website for, proving how smart you are as compared to other posters? Why not just answer the question instead of trying to be a smartass? Great, you can delete my account.

SWINGRRRR,

I was impressed that you were in the process of actually doing the experimate and were going to post your results. A lot more than what some people do. Stick around, as this is the best forum I have found for information on the Avic. Don't let a bad experience with one other user scare you away. Besides, the replies did answer your question, I think the other user was just joking a little bit and a half decent suggestion for getting the Avic to actually play video, if that was your ultimate goal, was provided.

No I didnt think that Dickhead. I just got my AVIC and was reading through the booklets, seeing the different formats. I mean, sorry for trying to learn something. Whats this website for, proving how smart you are as compared to other posters? Why not just answer the question instead of trying to be a smartass? Great, you can delete my account.

Wow "DICKHEAD". I made a small joke, and the rest of my post was pure information trying to help you, like Aconite said. Just giving you other options to play video on your D1.

BUT, since you chose to go the filthy mouth route, all I can say is go fuck yourself you bastard. I think it is safe to say you will never get any help from anyone here again, up until the day you realize your mistake and make a real apology.

Thank you,

"Dickhead"

SWINGRRRR its one thing to learn something and its another to learn something the hard way. There are countless posts here and literature that the avic d series comes with that explains the second disk slot and its reading capabilities. When you suggest an experiment as you did that is so obviously one sided it makes the other people who read it think that it is more of a joke then anything. You see, it doesnt hold any water because its so clearly answered already... like saying I am going to try to breath through my elbow, and see how long I can last... post that experiment and i bet youll get a similar response.

You got your answer pretty nicely for such a silly topic, take it and run that someone didnt out you as bad as they really could

:) Can't we just answer the questions of our fellow members without taking a jab or making a judgment as to if they are worthy questions or not ? We are all at different levels on the learning curve of the Avic . If you have a problem with the question and can't answer it without belittling someone just pass and let someone else answer it . Just try to show each other some respect . This is a great site but if people become afraid to ask questions what good is it ? :)

i dont think its about belittling anyone, or about the site being good or bad, its about using common sense, and above all the "search" button at the top of the page. people take the time to answer, you/we all should take the time to read it. No need to post over and over again on the same issue, especially if its written in the manual the avic came with, and indicated by pioneer when you call them, and and and.. ahh forget it, no use in debating if your mind is already made up in acting a particular way

some jabbing is necessary as to break the tension of "is this really being asked" you shouldnt be offended by the internet and some post, if you got the balls to ask it, then take the answer like a man.

well said tillithz.

jhoglesr, if you havent noticed by now, everyone here, myself included, are always trying to lend a helping hand. But what really aggrevates people is the following (and this is no way a comlete list.):

1. People who don't want to search. They come on here with a question, that in all honesty want it answered right away, but feel high and mighty that they dont need to search. Just ask and get instant gratification. Now, there have been cases where we ignore this, and dont bother replying, just like you suggested, but if they dont receive an answer, there is always a snide remark like "bump", or my favorite "18 views and noone knows?!?!".

2. Stubborn ignorant people who ask a question, get the correct answer, then question the validity of the answer on here. Or simply go and try to do what they were told not to do/won't work, and end up screwing up their unit even more, then expecting more help. I wish I knew where to nominate these people for Darwin awards :)

But as tillithz said, you have made up your mind. So, drink our Kool Aid or theirs, up to you.