AVIC411.com

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I am not going to apologize. "I am sure he is going to burn a disc anyways, trying to prove us wrong, and waste the time, effort, and blank disc in doing so Wink" He makes a degrading statement, and he doesn't even know me. Search Mpeg-2, nothing comes up about the D1. It just pisses me off that people think its so cool these days to be an ass on the internet, especially to someone with a low post count. Thats why I came off the way I did. Has he tried "experimenting with Mpeg-2" as y'all call it? What are his qualifications to be the resident expert on the D1? I would have taken alot more of it in stride if he would have came across as, no it wont work, heres why. Not, "It wont work work, but Ill make a general assumption that make you, the OP, look stupid and me look so much cooler."

You say"2. Stubborn ignorant people who ask a question, get the correct answer, then question the validity of the answer on here."

Again, what makes me stubborn and ignorant? I am asking to quantify your answer, not just because, "I say so."

"There are countless posts here and literature that the avic d series comes with that explains the second disk slot and its reading capabilities." Page 23 of my manual says, MP3 decoding format..............Mpeg-1 & 2 audio layer 3. No, I am not a A/V nerd, thats why I asked the question.

Wikipedia="The Video part (part 2) of MPEG-2 is similar to MPEG-1, but also provides support for interlaced video (the format used by analog broadcast TV systems). MPEG-2 video is not optimized for low bit-rates (less than 1 Mbit/s), but outperforms MPEG-1 at 3 Mbit/s and above. All standards-conforming MPEG-2 Video decoders are fully capable of playing back MPEG-1 Video streams."

Webopedia=" The DVD-ROM specification supports disks with capacities of from 4.7GB to 17GB and access rates of 600 KBps to 1.3 MBps. One of the best features of DVD-ROM drives is that they are backward-compatible with CD-ROMs. This means that DVD-ROM players can play old CD-ROMs, CD-I disks, and video CDs, as well as new DVD-ROMs. Newer DVD players can also read CD-R disks.

DVD-ROMs use MPEG-2 to compress video data. "

I can provide links to the above, or you can just ggole Mpeg-2 and DVD-ROM.

Thats what got me thinking about tricking it into playing Mpeg-2. I have searched, and searched.

I just got my AVIC D1 on Monday. I dont know that much about it, yet.

wow, you put a lot of thought into your response, please, to eliminate this next time put half that thought into your thread... what i mean is, it is in the manual just the capabilities of the dvd-rom drive, and a call to pioneer would confirm the written literature.

How plain would it be if questions and answers here went like this...

Q. "how do you turn it on"

A. "press the power button"

thats pretty lame and bland. so give a little lee way when getting an answer, people already give a little lee way when reading questions. Not all of us are experts, I am not for sure, but i do realize whats appropriate and not through due diligence.

I dunno how well versed you are in computers, but a DVD is an MPEG2 video, with AAC audio. You can easily take a *.vob file off of a dvd disk, rename it *.mpg, and it will play fine in any MPEG player (i.e. Windows media Player)
So the D1 will play it in the DVD-ROM drive?

Nope the DVD-ROM drive in the D1 is for navigation only.

seems reinventing the wheel is a requirement now a days

Thats post 2-5. I didn't even get a chance to respond and you bashed me in post #6.

Anyway, my point, and what would have been my response, in my manual Pg. 19, "This unit plays back WMA files encoded by Windows Media Player version 7, 7.1, 8 and 9." I just saw that you said renaming the file with .mpg and it will play fine in any MPEG player, ie Windows media player. At the time, I didnt know that WMA was only audio. Bet you butt I do now.

Thats what I am saying, I didnt know the capabilities. He was saying you can rename it and any Win Media player will play it. The book says it will play files encoded by Win Media player. Yes, I was questioning the reason, thats why I asked.

I am not trying to get into an E-pissing match. But, I am not going to take bashing laying down, for asking a question. Thats what the site is for.

Welp, anyway, I feel very welcomed to the site, and cant wait to get my D1 installed. :D

Welcome to the internet.. Now KMA.

There are few things that twist my nads worse than people who are too lazy to even think for themselves, let alone actually make an effort to find the answer instead of having someone show them the obvious place to look. I can't tell you how many of my customers come back with questions about a product and I ask them, "Where is the manual?" and they reply, "I don't know." or, "What manual?" "The one I left on your armrest when I delivered the vehicle to you." "Well, can't you just show me what to do?" "I can read the manual to you, if you wish." "Well, I know how to read." "THEN YOU ALSO HAVE YOUR ANSWER." I'm sorry for the rant, but if I call a serviceperson to my house because I can't work my vcr, I expect a bill and a kick in the yarbles if the guy sits next to me on the couch and reads me the answer from the instruction manual. Especially if he reads it from his manual because I lost mine or threw it away. I will only read to you during storytime, after which I will expect you to curl up on the floor and take a nap. I might even give you a cookie.

See my post above. Its the manual that cause my problem. I thought the manual was saying it would play that format. I feel I have explained myself well enough, I searched, read the manual, and searched some more. Please just let this thread die.

If you have anymore rants about me, please do it in my next thread. Ill start installing my AVIC this week.