AVIC411.com

AVIC XD1377ZF - FORD OEM Hack Question

I have a 2009 Ford Fusion with the above model AVIC unit. I've been able to enter the DEVELOP menu and noticed there is a File Management Tool but was unable to get it to see my USB card stick to copy files to/from. I wondered if anyone has cracked one of these open and if there is an internal SD flash card? From the best i can tell looking at the file menu it appears there is a 'Flash' area that the config and other files reside on and i'm guessing it gets copied to running config at vehicle start. The reason I am looking for this is I am able to change certain settings in the DEVELOP menu but when i power the vehicle off they revert to default. If those config files are on the SD card i could potentially insert that card into a laptop sd reader and modify them (making a backup of the originals of course)

Without knowing what aftermarket this unit is based off of no one is going to be able to answer your question. Post some pics of screen shots of the unit. And the "flash" you are referring to likely pertains to internal flash memory which has nothing to do with an SD card and is not removable.

I'll get some pics today. How do you normally copy files from the flash to an external device? or is there a way. I really don't care if its an SD card or not i am just looking for a way to get the files from the flash to something i can open them in a text editor. I see there is a dump button but that is a hex dump and not real useful to me. :-)

• 4 months later...