AVIC411.com

Primo for AVIC F series!

Hi,

I have a problem with that if I turn on Primo are driving, the GPS still looking ... :unsure:

Because EzRider or iGo was not killed/terminated with the previous CwGoPrimo.mscr script, so iGo is still using the GPS device. Use the new one in the archive below.

I also modified CwGoIgo8.mscr. Please linked it as per ryar's instructions in the previous page.

APL2.zip

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

EDITED: Huuummm, running the AEKMapScan.exe application with the CwGoPrimo.mscr script leads to AVIC reboots. I commented out those lines and things are going good. Why?

Weird, I commented the AEKMapScan lines back in and have no reboots. Just curious, why do you have 3 lines to kill ezrider? Maybe killing 3 of the same process at once causes instability?

kill ("ezrider")

kill ("ezrider.exe")

kill ("iGo8")

I just use kill("ezrider") and it kills iGo8 with it.

On another note, it seems that when I run AEKMapScan it allows Primo to see the buttons upon launch but they will no longer while in Top Menu and AV. For my f500bt it is fine as I don't use it for music, but would not having buttons available when out of Primo an issue for other units?

The initial process launched by AVIC is called "ezrider".

Ezrider.exe launched from Windows Explorer or from Primo is called "ezrider.exe".

Application name on the taskbar is called "iGo8".

So I just build one universal :). If the process doesn't exist upon a kill command, Windows just ignores it.

I might want to test the AEKMapScan again, but when I removed it after rebooting, it works fine. If it doesn't serve any purpose, then I will just not use it. Can you confirm?

BTW, you will need matching .EXE for all .MSCR when scanning application with Primo v1.2, and it is unpractical comparing to the External Program provided by v1.1 :(, in which I can link in the SYS.txt a program called .MSCR.

I missed the HOME, WORK and VILLAGE buttons too. Is there a GO HOME button in GJ v10?

I will find a good fit and let you know ... I don't have lot of time though!

Wierd, I can't find where to set the price of gas anywhere! Just taking a guess, but if you go back to the default skin you can set it from "green settings" and then go back to the newest skin (GJ 10.0).

ryar, in Default skin, where can I find the "green settings"?

If it doesn't serve any purpose, then I will just not use it. Can you confirm?

For me AEKMapScan is the most valuable extension yet! After running it Primo can see the hard buttons which are labeled in the sys.txt. If it is not running the Pioneer shell will not pass the buttons through to Primo, making them impossible to use. To have a working map button, volume dial, zoom in/out, ect. is invaluable! Once we can get the main menu button to bring us back to Primo, I will map the menu button to minimize Primo and show the Top Menu. I can verify that with the proper command it minimizes Primo (xC4 = "MINIMIZE"). After all the hard keys are working we can have Primo auto-launch upon startup as it will be fully functional. We are getting close!

Well, I have got all the hard buttons working both inside and out of Primo; the Map button brings you back to Primo and the Menu button brings you to the stock Top Menu. I am having some stability issues while playing music, however. I will try it out for a bit before posting. If you would like to test it shoot me a PM and I will send it to you, I just don't want to provide a file that crashes everyone's units!

Well, I have got all the hard buttons working both inside and out of Primo; the Map button brings you back to Primo and the Menu button brings you to the stock Top Menu. I am having some stability issues while playing music, however. I will try it out for a bit before posting. If you would like to test it shoot me a PM and I will send it to you, I just don't want to provide a file that crashes everyone's units!

Congrate ryar. I'm looking forward to the autolaunch from my mod for Primo. Right now, I can back and forth between iGo8 and Primo, without crash (for some reasons)!

Could you please PM me the new files?

Congrate ryar. I'm looking forward to the autolaunch from my mod for Primo. Right now, I can back and forth between iGo8 and Primo, without crash (for some reasons)!

Could you please PM me the new files?

It still won't let me PM you!

The following errors were found

The member Chuck88 cannot receive any new messages

Am I on your PM block list for asking too many questions? (hehe) Well, here it goes anyways. A few things to note, I thought I had button control from both AV and Primo but is turns out it is one or the other. In other words, the joystick/volume knob control song/volume, ect rather then tilt/zoom in Primo. Also, for some reason the map button only brings you back to Primo from the Top Menu, not AV. Too bad! You will have to go back to the top menu via soft keys, hopefully we can find a fix. As you mentioned before, an SD card with music should be in the unit before launching Primo for proper sound and volume control. Hopefully this is a better alternative to what we had before, please let me know how it works! The buttons are mapped to mortscript files in the Primo\extension folder if you want to play with them.

Modforbuttons.9.17.11.rar

Looking forward to the autolaunch! Oh yeah, never did find the Green menu. Found it (in GJ 10.0)! In the Quick Menu, go to Route Settings, then Vehicle and tap the settings icon next to default car. Fuel mileage and price of gas settings are there.

Chuck: Do you know the name of the process once inside AV Source? I think I am trying to minimize the wrong one.

Well, must be a forum bug. I have nobody in my BLOCK list :). Just PM you for testing.

To view the process names of all running tasks, use one of the application Task Manager wincetm.exe in my MOD's Application Menu. I believe the AV program's process name is "AV", or "AV.exe".

I wired the AV control to my steering wheel, so I can start SD/USB music inside Primo, but with the F500, you are out of lucks.

Thanks for the Green Settings, you're good!

ryar,

Now your CwGoPrimo.mscr is better. At your previous posted one, you launch AEKxx.exe then kill it after a couple of seconds ... that I don't understand.

For your new showxxxxx.mscr scripts, you might forget another application that is also running: Tel.exe.

Ciao!

The restoreprimo and restoremainmeu both are set to minimize AV, but it doesn't work.

I find when I launch the wincetm.exe and go to the AV Source menu it maximizes and will not let me see the process that is running (the process may be closing when I exit the AV Source). If it is AV, it doesn't listen to a minimize command :(

How are your buttons now, can you get back to Primo from the Top Menu OK?