AVIC411.com

Primo for AVIC F series!

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

GPS antenna is (hopefully) cool - on IGO8 works perfectly!

I reinstalled the whole Avic - Primo works!. When driving a fine.

But on the way back again looking for .... :neutral:

Patper, looks at this message and follow-up, it might save your day for the GPS issue: http://www.mobilepassion.org/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=6026&sid=2b309362feba3a1b02b2682a44fa5873&start=2080

Hi all,

I finally found the gimmick again for the AVIC X710BT rebooting after exiting from Primo v1.2 (same for all units???), either the navigation is completed or user-requested exit: play radio (or A/V turned OFF) is not good enough, you have to have USB or SD or iPod playing to prevent rebooting!

However, you can just switch to SD or USB or iPod then go back to radio (or turned OFF???), there is no rebooting neither! As long as the audio channel is opened with SD/USB/iPod, it will be OK thereafter.

Unlike ryar, I don't have rebooting problem after exiting Primo in TestMode, though.

Chuck!

With thanks to ryar, my setup is now completely functional, with soft and hard key to swtich between MainMenu and Primo. Below is my CwGoPrimo.mscr file contents:

kill ("ezrider")
kill ("ezrider.exe")
waitfor ("MortScript V4.2", -1)
SendOK
Run ("\My Flash Disk\APL2\Primo\extension\AEKMap\AEKMapScan.exe" )
sleep 2000
kill ("AEKMapScan.exe")
Run ("\My Flash Disk\APL2\Primo\extension\AEKMap\AEKMap.exe" )
Run ("\My Flash Disk\APL2\Primo\extension\Button\button.exe")
Run ("\My Flash Disk\APL2\Primo\Primo.exe" )

Attached is the complete set of files that I use now, and I made real Primo icon at the bottom-center of the MainMenu. The missing Primo BMP file is also included as well as the new scripts UI files are also included.

Good lucks.

My Flash Disk.zip

Hi all,

I finally found the gimmick again for the AVIC X710BT rebooting after exiting from Primo v1.2 (same for all units???), either the navigation is completed or user-requested exit: play radio (or A/V turned OFF) is not good enough, you have to have USB or SD or iPod playing to prevent rebooting!

However, you can just switch to SD or USB or iPod then go back to radio (or turned OFF???), there is no rebooting neither! As long as the audio channel is opened with SD/USB/iPod, it will be OK thereafter.

Unlike ryar, I don't have rebooting problem after exiting Primo in TestMode, though.

Chuck!

Makes sense, I never have an SD card in hence the reboots. Note that I do not reboot in testmode after exiting, and never did.

With thanks to ryar, my setup is now completely functional, with soft and hard key to swtich between MainMenu and Primo. Below is my CwGoPrimo.mscr file contents:

kill ("ezrider")
kill ("ezrider.exe")
SendOK
Run ("\My Flash Disk\APL2\Primo\extension\AEKMap\AEKMapScan.exe" )
sleep 2000
kill ("AEKMapScan.exe")
Run ("\My Flash Disk\APL2\Primo\extension\AEKMap\AEKMap.exe" )

Attached is the complete set of files that I use now, and I made real Primo icon at the bottom-center of the MainMenu. The missing Primo BMP file is also included as well as the new scripts UI files are also included.

Good lucks.

It looks good Chuck, thanks. Note the hard keys are not fully functional and that is why I took out the AEkmapscan and AEKmap launch upon start (CwGoPrimo.mscr). Your volume control will work, but only Primo's volume control (eg. main units volume is set to 10 of 20, Primo volume 100%, the dial will not increase the main volume above 10 of 20). It is also buggy when pressing the Map or Menu buttons while in AV (Pimo screen or Main Menu screen come up, but when the screen is tapped it brings you back to AV). Also, the right/left on the knob no longer change song, ect but only rotate the screen. Anyways, I didn't feel the keymap would be best for everyone so I left the option up to the user (HardKeyTest).

I updated the main download to include your UI_pioneer folder yesterday; if anyone is running with a another mod besides Chuck's do not copy this folder onto your unit (or you can copy the entire My Flash Disk from the main download and delete the APL2\iGo\ui_pioneer folder).

ryar, you're probably right about the problem with volume and next/prev songs controls (I have to check again mine when AEkmapscan was launched) ... I didn't have to use them because the steering wheel controls that I have.

So for those of you who want native functions of the hard key buttons, please use ryar's CwGoPrimo.mscr, as follow:

kill ("ezrider")
kill ("ezrider.exe")
SendOK

ryar, you're probably right about the problem with volume and next/prev songs controls (I have to check again mine when AEkmapscan was launched) ... I didn't have to use them because the steering wheel controls that I have.

So for those of you who want native functions of the hard key buttons, please use ryar's CwGoPrimo.mscr, as follow:

kill ("ezrider")
kill ("ezrider.exe")
SendOK

That X710BT sounds like a neat little machine, maybe it is time to upgrade from my F500BT ;)

That X710BT sounds like a neat little machine, maybe it is time to upgrade from my F500BT ;)

Well the steering wheel control doesn't come with the X710BT; there is another $100 or so. Please note that X710BT doesn't have traffic info, so if you're in Europe, get the X910BT instead for TMC, which is a much better alternative for the upcoming Primo 2.0 (traffic-sensitive routing).

ryar, I am working to replace the function of the Destination Menu icon (240x240 pixels) of the MainMenu (once Primo was launched), to have the same function as your button.exe.bmp. But this depends ultimately on the Image.res that you're using.

Did you ever try that before?

Well the steering wheel control doesn't come with the X710BT; there is another $100 or so. Please note that X710BT doesn't have traffic info, so if you're in Europe, get the X910BT instead for TMC, which is a much better alternative for the upcoming Primo 2.0 (traffic-sensitive routing).

Yeah, we get screwed in Canada. No traffic info on MSN direct and no TMC :(

ryar, I am working to replace the function of the Destination Menu icon (240x240 pixels) of the MainMenu (once Primo was launched), to have the same function as your button.exe.bmp. But this depends ultimately on the Image.res that you're using.

Did you ever try that before?

No, it was on the to do list but I am lost looking inside all those UI files. That would be awesome!

No, it was on the to do list but I am lost looking inside all those UI files. That would be awesome!

No ryar, not UI scripting! All you have to do is to use the same technique as the actual Button.exe and create a new one of 240x240, in the same position as the Destination Menu big icon.