AVIC411.com

Primo for AVIC F series!

Next few things and questions.

1 AV and music playing.

2 Bluetooth. I'm sure i saw a button that said 'bluetooth' somewhere but i can't find it any more. was i dreaming?

3 Speed Cameras don't appear?

Thanks again the Primo interface and map look much better.

1. AV and music can only be used if you are starting Primo through a mod and AV and mainmenu are running in the background. More options to start Primo after AV and mainmenu have launched are on the way!

2. Bluetooth in our units is handicapped, it is unlikely we will ever get Primo to control the bluetooth with our units.

3. Hmmm, I don't use speedcams so I'm not sure. A few things you can try; add speedcam="..\..\IGO\content\speedcam" under [folders] in Primo's sys.txt. If that doesn't work copy the speedcam folder from igo\content\speedcam to primo\content\speedcam and it should work. Thanks for bringing this up, currently there is no command to get Primo to use iGo's speedcam files (hopefully the command above works)

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For anyone who would prefer to launch Primo off Diafta's mod see post #2 of this thread for the download. Please feel free to leave any feedback. If you have a different mod you would like to launch off leave a post and I will post the necessary files.

Back to square one this morning.... Got into car this morning and it found the GPS and put me on the map. Dropped off the little one at nursery and since then I'm getting Looking for GPS signal again, even though it is showing up to 8 satellites locked on (the normal software locks me immediately). Maybe I should delete the "save" folder again and see what happens? Although Chuck has said that without it there is no AV, but then I did delete it and a new was created and AV seems to work?

ryar, thanks for the the files to put a Primo button on Diafta's mod, it works perfectly. AV is coming through as well.

Back to square one this morning.... Got into car this morning and it found the GPS and put me on the map. Dropped off the little one at nursery and since then I'm getting Looking for GPS signal again, even though it is showing up to 8 satellites locked on (the normal software locks me immediately). Maybe I should delete the "save" folder again and see what happens? Although Chuck has said that without it there is no AV, but then I did delete it and a new was created and AV seems to work?

ryar, thanks for the the files to put a Primo button on Diafta's mod, it works perfectly. AV is coming through as well.

A bit of an update. When I'm having the issue above (GPS locked, but map still "looking for GPS..) If I go to the quickmenu and tap "where am i?" it gives me the location on the map (incorrect) but if i then tap "help with nearby" it seems to update my position on the map and stop "looking for gps". I will test this a few times before reporting full success.

Edit 1

Nope. Seems totally random.

Picked up position on map fine to go to the petrol station, direction given and spoken all good.

(one slight caveat - speedcam warnings spoken in Russian...)

but could not position me on the map from there back home....

Edited by palexr

You can safely delete the save file inside the Primo folder and it will recreate it upon your first launch; the only thing it contains is favorites/settings/presets/ect for Primo. Back up first just in case!

A bit of an update. When I'm having the issue above (GPS locked, but map still "looking for GPS..) If I go to the quickmenu and tap "where am i?" it gives me the location on the map (incorrect) but if i then tap "help with nearby" it seems to update my position on the map and stop "looking for gps". I will test this a few times before reporting full success.

Edit 1

Nope. Seems totally random.

Picked up position on map fine to go to the petrol station, direction given and spoken all good.

(one slight caveat - speedcam warnings spoken in Russian...)

but could not position me on the map from there back home....

Russian speedcams, really? Well isn't that random. I didn't think there were any Russian voices included. Perhaps copy the contents from igo\content\speedcam to primo\content\speedcam and delete speedcam="..\..\IGO\content\speedcam" in the sys.txt. Sometimes there is strange behavior with iGo and Primo sharing the same files, and we never tried sharing the speedcams before now.

So weird how it gives you a fix and then doesn't on the same trip; I will try and do some research when I get some time and solve this issue.

For anyone who would prefer to launch Primo off Diafta's mod see post #2 of this thread for the download. Please feel free to leave any feedback. If you have a different mod you would like to launch off leave a post and I will post the necessary files.

I would like the files to work for Andr/Stan Mod that I built up over the last two years. I can run mine off the SD card but would like to incorporate into my own mod like Chucks.

Can you help me there?

Jimbo

Russian speedcams, really? Well isn't that random. I didn't think there were any Russian voices included. Perhaps copy the contents from igo\content\speedcam to primo\content\speedcam and delete speedcam="..\..\IGO\content\speedcam" in the sys.txt. Sometimes there is strange behavior with iGo and Primo sharing the same files, and we never tried sharing the speedcams before now.

So weird how it gives you a fix and then doesn't on the same trip; I will try and do some research when I get some time and solve this issue.

Really appreciate all your efforts.

I would like the files to work for Andr/Stan Mod that I built up over the last two years. I can run mine off the SD card but would like to incorporate into my own mod like Chucks.

Can you help me there?

Jimbo

edit: On second thought, if you did not modify the start.ui file inside your data.zip the download for Diafti's mod on post #2 should work.

I copied over the igo speedcam content, but didn't delete the path in sys.txt. I'll give that a go. It certainly brought the speedcam icons on to the map. I guess I should be able to delete the Russian speech files. I think they are .wav?

As for the random works-doesn't work, yes it is annoying. Primo really brought the F900 into the (early) 21st century compared to the pioneer ui and maps look. It is a shame but right now Primo is kind of unusable. Well, it works for trips from home, maybe deleteing the save folder would make it work form the other end, but I can't see myself doing that every time...

Right, I'm sure many people do. No disrespect meant, just an opinion voiced. And I think it is relevant to this discussion as it highlights the fact that I used Option 2 and so has a bearing on my questions.

Now, back OT

Well, my angriness turns into disappointment.

When you work for free for the rest of the community for over a year, and just about to exit beautifully (at least what I've thought), then someone told you that what you did is just a crappy work, then you know what you feel!

I do remember when IDT was exited a year ago for about only a week, someone has expressed something similar to his great works ... didn't think that I have to fall into the same chair! That is very unfortunate! No wonder, other than myself, there is no other modder in this forum since a while: people in general here are not enthousiastic in this forum!

I don't feel to start a fight with you or voice my personal opinion on you because that would lead us to nowhere. I just hope that, palexr, you'll learn someday in the futur that for some comments or personal opinions, we have to learn to keep them for ourselves: thinking is one thing and judging publicly is another. Did you ever tell your neighbor that his wife is urgly and awful? I bet you would never do that even if there was indeed the case.

I say farewell and good lucks to everyone!

Well, my angriness turns into disappointment.

When you work for free for the rest of the community for over a year, and just about to exit beautifully (at least what I've thought), then someone told you that what you did is just a crappy work, then you know what you feel!

I do remember when IDT was exited a year ago for about only a week, someone has expressed something similar to his great works ... didn't think that I have to fall into the same chair! That is very unfortunate! No wonder, other than myself, there is no other modder in this forum since a while: people in general here are not enthousiastic in this forum!

I don't feel to start a fight with you or voice my personal opinion on you because that would lead us to nowhere. I just hope that, palexr, you'll learn someday in the futur that for some comments or personal opinions, we have to learn to keep them for ourselves: thinking is one thing and judging publicly is another. Did you ever tell your neighbor that his wife is urgly and awful? I bet you would never do that even if there was indeed the case.

I say farewell and good lucks to everyone!

Chuck, if I offended you I apologise. I certainly didn't mean to say that your mod was in any way crappy. A poor choice of words used in haste. Mea culpa. I should've said that I prefer a simple UI to suit my simple needs. I totally respect the amount of effort you chaps are putting into keeping this sub-forum alive with your hard work.

Chuck.I think sometimes things get lost in translation.No one on here could ever be anyting but eternally graeful for all work on here.This forum would have gone by now if you hadn't carried on after Abb and the others left.I have always appreciated all your help and I am absolutely certain all other forum members do too.