AVIC411.com

Primo for AVIC F series!

Well, I have been testing this out now for days. It is very buggy, with constant freezes, and unable to lock satellite. I believe that one reason for this is the size of the Primo file (Data.zip) which is 35 mb in size. When I was creating my V 3.0 in beta during testing, it was originally 27mb in size because of all the new features and graphics that I have added. However, it was not stable and it froze regularly. I reduced the sizes and deleted several bmp's reducing the file size by 5 mb. After that it ran smoothly and was rock solid. I think that this is because of the Avics, low memory, that it cannot handle loading that much data at once from a file. Unfortunately, I looked into the internal workings of the Primo file and it cannot be reduced to a much lower level. I managed to get it down to 34 mb, and that is it. To be able to use Primo flawlessly, I would think that the Avic would need more physical memory :(

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, I have been testing this out now for days. It is very buggy, with constant freezes, and unable to lock satellite. I believe that one reason for this is the size of the Primo file (Data.zip) which is 35 mb in size. When I was creating my V 3.0 in beta during testing, it was originally 27mb in size because of all the new features and graphics that I have added. However, it was not stable and it froze regularly. I reduced the sizes and deleted several bmp's reducing the file size by 5 mb. After that it ran smoothly and was rock solid. I think that this is because of the Avics, low memory, that it cannot handle loading that much data at once from a file. Unfortunately, I looked into the internal workings of the Primo file and it cannot be reduced to a much lower level. I managed to get it down to 34 mb, and that is it. To be able to use Primo flawlessly, I would think that the Avic would need more physical memory :(

Hey Abb,

Out of curiosity, what mod are you using to launch Primo? One thing Chuck and myself have found is that if you use a close command rather then a kill command on ezrider it does not free up the required memory for it to run properly. Before providing any files here I had driven a 3000 km round trip over the course of a week with Primo using my f500bt and it did not have a single memory error. It even came in/out of standby perfectly when shutting off and turning on the engine for a <3 second resume. During that trip I had driven through them mountains using a premium DEM file (tremendous detail) , and had used a TTS Pro voice as well. That was long before the I learned to use the low memory requirement commands in the sys.txt. I have read somewhere that if the GJ skin is used it uses additional memory, although I had not had any trouble when using it.

Unfortunately, some users (mostly Euro AVIC users) had reported the satellite lock issue. Although the GPS gets a fix it does not show their present location on the map and shows a different location (usually in another country). I had tried to help with a fix, but unfortunately not having the issue myself it is difficult to troubleshoot and at seems as though there is little information online with people having similar issues. I did not notice that Primo took longer to get a fix then the stock iGo; although it may take a little longer when getting a fix for the 1st time. With AVICnet, if the stock Igo has a GPS fix when Primo launches it immediately realizes your position as it uses a port splitter to allow multiple program to use the GPS.

Although I agree that the AVIC F series (X710bt and X910bt included) is aging, I disagree that it lacks the resources to run a more current program such as Primo. So long as the resources are freed up before launch I had not experienced any issues. Feel free to provide additional details as to when Primo is freezing on your unit and I will do my best to help troubleshoot.the issue.

Regards,

ryar

Thanks for the reply, Ryar! I am presently using Chucks mod with Primo.

That could be what is causing the memory problems as well. You say that the resources are cleared when Primo loads, but it does NOT! The Avic has its user data in a separate file, and not in the Data.zip of the current program. When Primo loads, it has all the resources of chucks mod which where the settings were first originated. Later today, I will try to clear my data in the user data folder and have primo load first always, so that Chucks Nav will not even be in the picture. This way, the resources will only be of the Primo Nav. I have adjusted the Sys.txt to adjust the memory values, and I still got freezes. There again, it could be that it was using the resources of the other mod. This is the reason that when changing mods, you have to delete the igo folder in the 'User Data' folder.

Thanks for the reply, Ryar! I am presently using Chucks mod with Primo.

That could be what is causing the memory problems as well. You say that the resources are cleared when Primo loads, but it does NOT! The Avic has its user data in a separate file, and not in the Data.zip of the current program. When Primo loads, it has all the resources of chucks mod which where the settings were first originated. Later today, I will try to clear my data in the user data folder and have primo load first always, so that Chucks Nav will not even be in the picture. This way, the resources will only be of the Primo Nav. I have adjusted the Sys.txt to adjust the memory values, and I still got freezes. There again, it could be that it was using the resources of the other mod. This is the reason that when changing mods, you have to delete the igo folder in the 'User Data' folder.

I suppose when I was referring to resources I meant RAM. A few examples on my unit as per WR-Tools ResInfo:

Stock iGo without Primo running: 219 MB total, 128 MB free

Stock iGo with Primo running (low mem requirements): 219 MB total, 91.9 MB free

Primo only, ezrider process killed: 219 MB total, 94.1 MB free

Ezrider killed, only AV and MainMenu processes running: 219 MB total, 148 MB free

Testmode, Primo running: 219 MB total, 156 MB free

I tried doing away with the stock iGo all together, but the pesky "System Startup, please wait" message never goes away so until we figure out a way to eliminate that message it is necessary that the stock iGo starts first. How much free space do you have on your unit? I only have Canada maps installed and have 400 MB free. I am confused as to what you are referring with the user data. Primo keeps its user data in the Primo\save folder, and stock igo in the user\userdata\iGo\save folder. i tried combing the two but had issues. I have found on occasion to have bugs when switching to a new/different mod and made it a habit of deleting my flash disk on the unit, installing a clean stock my flash disk and then the mod overtop. Perhaps there are some residual files clashing with the new ones on your unit?

A few questions perhaps you could help with, unrelated to your issue:

- Do you know if/how we can eliminate the "System Startup, please wait" screen? If we could stop the stock iGo from launching we wouldn't have to worry about freeing up RAM.

- Do you have any idea how iGo mutes the AV to speak a TTS instruction? Is it possibly in a UI file or is it the Pioneer shell watching the stock iGo and muting? It would be great if we could get Primo to mute the AV when speaking.

- We are having issues with Primo's hard buttons and thus far have only found the AEKMapScan work around. Would you have any idea what the Pioneer shell maps the up/down/side/side and Map buttons to? The only way I can think of finding this out is trying them one at a time, assuming the Pioneer Shell passes them through and doesn't send a zoom, ect command itself to the stock iGo.

Hi, I tried setting the GPS Lat & Long in sys.txt but it has made no difference, still in Paris apparently. I don't want to delete the French maps as I do drive there 3-4 a year.

I also set the time rather than let the system use auto. That produced some unexpected results. Namely the quick access icon on the screen disappeared to be replaced with a clock. But when I pressed the clock, I came to a map changer screen??? It listed, igo, primo, garmin, tomtom and a couple of others. Is that normal?

Still in Paris mind...

Hi,

I have an AVIC F-320BT.

My navigator is NavGate and I don't like it so,with testmode, I have successfully installed Igo Primo but I can't resolve sound issue.

If I try to play a sound from windows CE wiht a sound test program, it says "Audio error".

I tried to play a sound from sd-card in AVIC normal mode and then reboot with testmode but I can't listen IGO audio.

My question is: is there a way to enable sound from windows CE?

If I start HMIManager.exe (main exe for NavGate navi program) from windows CE I can listen NavGate audio so I think HMIManager.exe starts something such as dll or initializes some audio driver. I want to perform same actions so I can listen IGO audio but I don't know what are these windows ce operations.

Thanks in advances

Hi, I tried setting the GPS Lat & Long in sys.txt but it has made no difference, still in Paris apparently. I don't want to delete the French maps as I do drive there 3-4 a year.

I also set the time rather than let the system use auto. That produced some unexpected results. Namely the quick access icon on the screen disappeared to be replaced with a clock. But when I pressed the clock, I came to a map changer screen??? It listed, igo, primo, garmin, tomtom and a couple of others. Is that normal?

Still in Paris mind...

Could you temporarily delete or move the France maps for troubleshooting purposes? I never seen the screen you are refering to with Garmin, TomTom, ect before.

Hi,

I have an AVIC F-320BT.

My navigator is NavGate and I don't like it so,with testmode, I have successfully installed Igo Primo but I can't resolve sound issue.

If I try to play a sound from windows CE wiht a sound test program, it says "Audio error".

I tried to play a sound from sd-card in AVIC normal mode and then reboot with testmode but I can't listen IGO audio.

My question is: is there a way to enable sound from windows CE?

If I start HMIManager.exe (main exe for NavGate navi program) from windows CE I can listen NavGate audio so I think HMIManager.exe starts something such as dll or initializes some audio driver. I want to perform same actions so I can listen IGO audio but I don't know what are these windows ce operations.

Thanks in advances

Good question! Attempting to do run everything in testmode would be much more work then modding the stock GPS program. If you could it would be best to launch Primo from inside your stock/custom mod to retain the most functionality. Anyways, to answer your question, no I don't know how to enable sound in windows CE.

If you could it would be best to launch Primo from inside your stock/custom mod to retain the most functionality.

Hi,

I don't know how to launch Primo inside NavGate. The program HMIManager.exe starts bluetooth, navi.exe etc. If I rename navi.exe or replace navi.exe with a mort script, HMIManager goes in loop mode; seems it waits for some return code by navi.exe program.

So it seems can be more easy for me enable audio from windows CE among mod NavGate :(

Hi,

I don't know how to launch Primo inside NavGate. The program HMIManager.exe starts bluetooth, navi.exe etc. If I rename navi.exe or replace navi.exe with a mort script, HMIManager goes in loop mode; seems it waits for some return code by navi.exe program.

So it seems can be more easy for me enable audio from windows CE among mod NavGate :(

Surely there must be some custom mods for your f320bt? Many allow you open a 3rd party program which will allow you to start Primo. Chucks and Diaftia's mods do here. It may be easier then trying to re-invent the wheel. When you search, don't discount Italian and Russian sites. I have found a wealth of information on non-English sites/threads. Use Google chrome and it will translate to English for you.

Can anyone tell me how to switch voices, installed the extra TTS voices but when selecting them they dont stay, only the original UK voice. Tried manually deleting all the voices except the TTS ones I want to use, but Primo will just restart when booting.

TIA.

Download the voices from post #2 of this thread and copy them to the Primo directory. Make sure to copy the tts_nua_v5 folder to the Primo directory and the voice files to Primo\Content\Voice. Check you sys.txt and under [folders] there should not be any commands for tts_nua_v5= or voice=. If there are comment them out (put a ; in front of the command) or delete them.

Download the voices from post #2 of this thread and copy them to the Primo directory. Make sure to copy the tts_nua_v5 folder to the Primo directory and the voice files to Primo\Content\Voice. Check you sys.txt and under [folders] there should not be any commands for tts_nua_v5= or voice=. If there are comment them out (put a ; in front of the command) or delete them.

Thanks, will give that a try today.