AVIC411.com

Primo for AVIC F series!

I have been trying to use the Dinka skin with Primo but it keeps freezing.Can anyone who has tried it had any more success than I have?I have tried a few changes to sys.txt(Thanks Chuck!)but still no joy.I really like all the features like screen saver etc and would love to get it going consistently .All suggestions welcome!

Ovalball,

I don't know what has happened lately, I am getting troubles (unexpected exiting of Primo 2.0) with the skins DiMika 1.5.3 and even the simpler Gurjon GJA 1.08, especially when there is a planned route; some time without planned route, but playing with settings (entering/exiting, not even changing) results in exiting Primo 2.0. :(

Anyone has any idea?

Thanks.

EDITED: Ovalball, are you talking about diMKaWA Skin 1.5.3 for iGO Primo 2.0 or really "Dinka skin"? I can't find any "Dinka".

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Chuck, did you try any newer releases of Primo 2.0? I tried one from March and found it to be buggy. It seemed to have trouble rendering upcoming roads at certain zooms/distances and they would flash on and off the screen for a few seconds before coming in solid. December's seemed to work OK but I switched back to October's since I seemed to have the fewest issues with it. I didn't notice any new features in the newer releases, so far as I can tell all versions of Primo 2.0 are the same in that aspect. Maybe if you guys updated to a newer version try and go back to the original?

On another note, has anyone played with raster maps (satellite images) on Primo? I decided to give it a go the other day and am happy with them. I was outright giddy when I finally got them to work, haha. I tried putting a map of all of Edmonton (twelve 0.125 x 0.125 degree segments) at 18 zoom on my unit but had memory errors and crashes (adding and changing the memory settings in the sys.txt didn't help, the unit still crashed). With just a couple of 0.125 x 0.125 degree maps of my home area at 18 zoom and several other maps at 17 zoom I haven seen any problems as of yet. At 18 zoom you can even see the lines for parking stalls, it is quite impressive. Here is a guide on how to create them, use google chrome to translate to English: http://forum.pocketb...hp?f=51&t=48574

Hi Chuck,its ovalball here.Ive tried sending you a PM but no luck.Please accept my opologies for posting in the general area!I have just bought a brand new F500BT off Ebay and the firmware is 1.****I want to start modding it but can you tell me if i need to update the firmware first?It is such a long time since I bought my 900BT I have forgotten what I had to change to enable me to start installing mods!I cannot find a working link to enable me to update to V3 or V4.Pioneer have been no help and I can only get an official update to 2.07 which I dont think will be any help.I updated my F900BT to V3 some years ago now but think i must have deleted the files i used.Any advice please Chuck so I can get your mod with Primo running on it ASAP.

Thanks in advance

PS I can get straight into testmode with no problems

Ovalball,

I don't know what has happened lately, I am getting troubles (unexpected exiting of Primo 2.0) with the skins DiMika 1.5.3 and even the simpler Gurjon GJA 1.08, especially when there is a planned route; some time without planned route, but playing with settings (entering/exiting, not even changing) results in exiting Primo 2.0. :(

Anyone has any idea?

Thanks.

EDITED: Ovalball, are you talking about diMKaWA Skin 1.5.3 for iGO Primo 2.0 or really "Dinka skin"? I can't find any "Dinka".

Yes Chuck it is the skin which your link goes to...sorry!

Hi Chuck,its ovalball here.Ive tried sending you a PM but no luck.Please accept my opologies for posting in the general area!I have just bought a brand new F500BT off Ebay and the firmware is 1.****I want to start modding it but can you tell me if i need to update the firmware first?It is such a long time since I bought my 900BT I have forgotten what I had to change to enable me to start installing mods!I cannot find a working link to enable me to update to V3 or V4.Pioneer have been no help and I can only get an official update to 2.07 which I dont think will be any help.I updated my F900BT to V3 some years ago now but think i must have deleted the files i used.Any advice please Chuck so I can get your mod with Primo running on it ASAP.

Thanks in advance

PS I can get straight into testmode with no problems

Ovalball, yes you have to update the firmware first to v3.xxxxx because all mods in this forum as I know as designed for firmware 3.xxxxx.

I know there is a guide in this forum to show you how to do it but the link to the FW seems to be broken, but you should be able to find another link easyiy in this forum. There is also a torrent file at the end of the post (inside a RAR file) that you can try ...

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/29747-avic-x910-software-3010100-extras-mods/page__hl__3.010100__fromsearch__1

If I find anything, I will let you know.

Hi Chuck, did you try any newer releases of Primo 2.0? I tried one from March and found it to be buggy. It seemed to have trouble rendering upcoming roads at certain zooms/distances and they would flash on and off the screen for a few seconds before coming in solid. December's seemed to work OK but I switched back to October's since I seemed to have the fewest issues with it. I didn't notice any new features in the newer releases, so far as I can tell all versions of Primo 2.0 are the same in that aspect. Maybe if you guys updated to a newer version try and go back to the original?

I think that I nailed down the unexpected Primo exiting problem. If you use DiMiKA or Gurjon skins and you enable the Auto User Zoom under the Map Settings, you will have unexpected problems such as the one I described! I recently enabled this option and there is when it starts to go wild. I disabled it yesterday and no more problem with any skin.

Ovalball if you have this option enabled in Primo, it might be worth a try ...

On another note, this Auto User Zoom happens be very similar to my own SmartTrack introduced in my mod since version 3.1, on 2011-05-08. I don't know whether NavNGo copied on my idea or we just have the same idea when they designed Primo 2.0. I'm almost certain that my mod with SmartTrack was out before the release of Primo 2.0. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Anyone can check the release date of Primo 2.0 for me?

They defiantly stole your idea Chuck! Damn those guys at NNG!

I think some skins had auto zoom as far back as Primo 1.1, which was out in fall of 2010. I think it used to be in the GJ settings menu where as now it can be accessed through map settings.

• 1 year later...

Hey everyone, I know most of these threads are pretty much dead these days as this is ancient tech so to speak, but I've switched back to Diafttias mod and would like to install Primo also.  I have the "PrimoforDiafttia" file from the 2nd post, but the actual Primo files link is no good.  As I understand the directions I need both.  Can anyone help me out.  It would truly be appreciated!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Main Package

http://hotfile.com/d....11.11.rar.html

Voice Files

Below are link to the English TTS voice files. Download, unzip, copy to SD, copy to Primo folder in My Flash Disk.

http://hotfile.com/d....part1.rar.html

http://hotfile.com/d....part2.rar.html

Other Files

For those of you who would rather launch off Diaftia's mod download the files below and copy them over "my flash disk". A small icon will appear on the top menu upon startup, simply tap it to launch Primo.

attachicon.gifPrimofordiaftia3.6.rar

Hello,

I read a lot on this forum to find out more about my f710bt.

I am running now the Diaftia mod with the priomofordiaftia3.6 rar.

Works all very nice.

As I am not using the Igo8 any more I am looking for a way to use the "Destination" button on the main screen as start button for primo.

How can this be done?

Is it an option to remove Igo an replace it by primo and rename the primo.exe to ezrider.exe? If yes what changes have to be made?

Kind regards,

Har

Hi Har, try avicnet.  You can set it up to launch primo when the map button is pressed, or even auto-launch upon starting. 

You can't rename primo.exe to ezrider.exe or the unit will reboot a few minutes after starting and a "please wait" banner will stay up on the screen.  If you do a lot of reading in these forums you will find that others have tried and had the same result.

Hi Har, try avicnet.  You can set it up to launch primo when the map button is pressed, or even auto-launch upon starting. 

You can't rename primo.exe to ezrider.exe or the unit will reboot a few minutes after starting and a "please wait" banner will stay up on the screen.  If you do a lot of reading in these forums you will find that others have tried and had the same result.

Hi ryar,

Thanks for your reply. I found on other sites the rename action as a answer.

I tried Avicnet and that works fine. But is has one disadvantaged and that is the longer start-up time. Can that be shortened?

kind regards,

Har

• 3 months later...

Hi,

With the power stabilizer which prevents restart at ignition Avicnet works fine and start up time less an issue.

I have a question about primo start screen. Is there an option to skip the start screen and go straight to map screen?

Regards,

Har

• 3 years later...