AVIC411.com

Primo for AVIC F series!

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So I tried to install again and I turned out like this - Fatal Application Error ...

Test mode works, I installed a backup, but still reboot - Fatal Application Error.

It does not attack someone something please??

Sorry, I don't quite understand. Did you try ovalball's sys.txt? At what point did you start getting fatal application errors?

Hi all,

After reading several of these posts, (I was referred to this forum from Chucks thread) I wanted to report that I have similar issues with PRIMO. First of all, I do NOT have a euro version Navi. It's a US version Avic X910BT according to Pioneers website (746UC) I believe. Mine shows "looking for satelites" and the gps works great with Chucks latest mod/IGO8. It is also stuck in FRANCE and doesn't update to any location. There are also no 3d vehicles, just the arrow, no traffic info at all (unless I need some sort of subscription... I don't get traffic on the IGO version either but I know the MSN version needs a subscription renewal. PRIMO was agravating bit time for me and basically doesn't work on my X910BT.

But, I love what has been done with the latest mod so thank you all for working so hard on them. Thank you!

Burton

Hi all,

After reading several of these posts, (I was referred to this forum from Chucks thread) I wanted to report that I have similar issues with PRIMO. First of all, I do NOT have a euro version Navi. It's a US version Avic X910BT according to Pioneers website (746UC) I believe. Mine shows "looking for satelites" and the gps works great with Chucks latest mod/IGO8. It is also stuck in FRANCE and doesn't update to any location. There are also no 3d vehicles, just the arrow, no traffic info at all (unless I need some sort of subscription... I don't get traffic on the IGO version either but I know the MSN version needs a subscription renewal. PRIMO was agravating bit time for me and basically doesn't work on my X910BT.

But, I love what has been done with the latest mod so thank you all for working so hard on them. Thank you!

Burton

To fix your satellite issues try the following: delete the save folder in the Primo directory, and reset to defaults. Add the following to your sys.txt:

[gps]

default_latitude="34.05116"

default_longitude="-118.24258"

If you are in North America you need an MSN direct subscription for traffic. There are 3D cars in Primo, go to Map Settings and you will find them there.

Can anyone verify that by using ovalball's sys.txt their location issues have been corrected?

One more thing to try for Euro users having issues, add the following to your sys.txt:

[gps]

With your home location's long/lat.

Can anyone verify that by using ovalball's sys.txt their location issues have been corrected?

One more thing to try for Euro users having issues, add the following to your sys.txt:

[gps]

With your home location's long/lat.

Ryar, thanks for your continued support. This is really bringing these units back to life for me, just when I was considering ebaying and upgrading (or hanging in there until Android driven units become available).

I can't test right now, but will test as soon as i get back to the car and the unit.

I mentioned the long. and lat. seemed to move with my position when viewed in "where am i" didn't i? So this might well help. Either that or I will have to drive to the centre of Paris to get a proper lock and that might "initialise" the system and I'd be ok from then on? On second thoughts driving to the centre of Paris doesn't appeal (did once, they are crazy drivers!).

Ryar, thanks for your continued support. This is really bringing these units back to life for me, just when I was considering ebaying and upgrading (or hanging in there until Android driven units become available).

I can't test right now, but will test as soon as i get back to the car and the unit.

I mentioned the long. and lat. seemed to move with my position when viewed in "where am i" didn't i? So this might well help. Either that or I will have to drive to the centre of Paris to get a proper lock and that might "initialise" the system and I'd be ok from then on? On second thoughts driving to the centre of Paris doesn't appeal (did once, they are crazy drivers!).

It makes sense that it won't show your position if it somehow initialized in another county (France for you). For myself it initialized in Ottawa (our capital city) and despite it being 3400 km away it is still the same county so it gets a fix at my location. Did you try ovalball's sys.txt yet? I certainly hope the issue is fixed by using his sys.txt and/or adding your gps coordinates in the sys.txt.

Hooray - using a different SD card Avic managed to reinstall and it works!

SYS from Ovalball does not help ....

However, thank you for your efforts!

Did you add the GPS long/lat to your sys.txt? If not, add:

[gps]

default_latitude="50.078671"

default_longitude="14.436781"

I believe these are the coordinates for Prague.

It makes sense that it won't show your position if it somehow initialized in another county (France for you). For myself it initialized in Ottawa (our capital city) and despite it being 3400 km away it is still the same county so it gets a fix at my location. Did you try ovalball's sys.txt yet? I certainly hope the issue is fixed by using his sys.txt and/or adding your gps coordinates in the sys.txt.

I'll give it a go, car/nav unit not to hand right now. I hope it does work, but I'm not holidng out any hopes. When I have deleted the save folder previously it put me in Paris first, but then moved to my actual location. The system worked 50% of the time. But now for some reason it won't budge form Paris.

Ovalball's Sys.txt looks the same as mine (form memory)....

Patper, you say "hooray - ... it works", the new instalation? CAn you attache the file that weorked?

I'll give it a go, car/nav unit not to hand right now. I hope it does work, but I'm not holidng out any hopes. When I have deleted the save folder previously it put me in Paris first, but then moved to my actual location. The system worked 50% of the time. But now for some reason it won't budge form Paris.

Ovalball's Sys.txt looks the same as mine (form memory)....

Patper, you say "hooray - ... it works", the new instalation? CAn you attache the file that weorked?

If the lat/long GPS settings in the sys.txt doesn't help perhaps you could delete the France maps? I only have maps for my country on my unit, maybe it is why I am not having the same problem. You could also try setting Primo to Greenwich time rather then Auto time zone.

So all we helped them - delete

[gps]

baud = 9600, - write "baud rate"

port = 7; - write port

source = "virtserial"

set_messages = "0";

A write

[default]

com = autodetect

But again today looking for ....

It looks like from the wrong end the IGO8??

Edit - delete SAVE folder!

If you delete the folder "save", I do not know why, then Igo Primo takes the satellites easily and will appear in the satellite screen something like this:

b7b54250706e1949b560e54245be0a97o.jpg

As you can see below the bars puts the signal accuracy and time. Go to the map screen and see that puts you right in your position.

Then turn off Igo Primo and turn it on, then you will see the satellite screen like this:

18090bce06df977e950ded5226704b21o.jpg

There are satellites but do not indicate the accuracy of the signal and time. Go to the map screen and you get the last position where you left off when you shut down and puts you Igo Primo "looking for GPS signal"

In short, if the screen does not tell you satellite signal accuracy and time you can not navigate.

e8ce0a8b67899f0156c792389cbac4d0o.jpg

The reason I do not know and the solution either. Does anyone know how to fix it?