AVIC411.com

Primo for AVIC F series!

I am having this problem during normal driving, not navigating. I have a feeling that Primo auto-zoom when get close to an important/big intersection or highway split, even when NOT navigating.

Can anyone confirm this?

That is weird, I never noticed that problem. Did it happen before deleting the save folder? Like I said, mine was acting a little funny after doing so but it seemed to be while navigating.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It is now possible to reach the (stock) Top Menu through Primo. This will allow for changing the backlight, AV source and various other settings that Primo does not control. The procedure is a little unorthodox however but should do for now until a better substitute is found. To reach the Top Menu in Primo from the overview screen, press Menu (bottom left), then More, then External Programs. You will have 2 options, Top Menu 30 seconds and Top Menu 60 seconds. Press one of them and the Top Menu will come up for the allotted time and then automatically restore Primo. I will put these files in the main file but in the meanwhile the files that need to be added are available in the link below. Download, unzip, copy to SD card and then replace files on unit.

TopMenu.rar

ryar, there is another mean to do so: you first launch Explorer, so you will have a bottom status bar, then you launch Primo.

Within Primo, you show the highest level menu, then press the red power button, then click on MINIMIZE. Primo will reduce itself into a taskbar icon, which is much better if you want to go back after performing Top Menu operations (i.e. not have to wait 30 or 60 seconds, fix delay).

To restore Primo, just click on its icon.

I can modify my mod to auto-launch Primo if wished, when I have time to mess with ... let me know if your people are insterested.

ryar, there is another mean to do so: you first launch Explorer, so you will have a bottom status bar, then you launch Primo.

Within Primo, you show the highest level menu, then press the red power button, then click on MINIMIZE. Primo will reduce itself into a taskbar icon, which is much better if you want to go back after performing Top Menu operations (i.e. not have to wait 30 or 60 seconds, fix delay).

To restore Primo, just click on its icon.

I can modify my mod to auto-launch Primo if wished, when I have time to mess with ... let me know if your people are insterested.

Hi Chuck,

I understand that you can minimize Primo to view the Top Menu and then go back through Explorer, however this is tedious and requires the use of a stylus and is not safe to do while driving. I just wanted an option that is finger friendly!

I'm not sure how many other people are interested, but an auto launch would be great!

Man, I searched high and low on how to map the hard buttons and had no luck. It seems the iGO8 method does not work (FFkeymap and keybind inside data.zip) and modifying the sys.txt has not worked either. Do you have any ideas, Chuck?

edit: It looks like Amigo had done away with the keybind inside the data.zip. Keys are set up through the sys.txt in such a fashion:

[keybind]

; x0D="TOGGLEMUTE"

xA8="TILTDOWN"

xA6="TILTUP"

xAE="VOLUMEDOWN"

xAF="VOLUMEUP"

; x26="ZOOMIN"

; x28="ZOOMOUT"

xD5="ROTATELEFT"

xA7="ROTATERIGHT"

I ran AEKMapScan and put the results in the sys.txt both as 00A8 and xA8 for example and still no luck.

In sys.txt, you can try?

[debug]

catch_all_keys = 0 ; 0=No 1=Yes (I suppose)

And delete:

[keybind]

Thanks

Will try, thank you

edit: It allows menu key to go to top menu! One step closer to running Primo exclusively. No zoom or volume control however. Thanks!

Will try, thank you

edit: It allows menu key to go to top menu! One step closer to running Primo exclusively. No zoom or volume control however. Thanks!

Great, it works. But what now? You cannot go back to Primo easily ...

It would be great to make the MAP button works as well :).

Great, it works. But what now? You cannot go back to Primo easily ...

It would be great to make the MAP button works as well :).

What file controls the mapping of buttons when ezrider is not at the forefront ie. when in the menu screen? Leetlauncher has them mapped custom, so they are possible to mod. If we could have the map button trigger a mortscript file which uses an 'if' command to see if ezrider is running to send it there or to Primo if it is not. I learned a little from some mortscript files in the Russian mod, it doesn't seem as though it would be that difficult. If anyone knows where the buttons are controlled from, it would be of great help!

Ryar, I can't launch Primo with the Windows CE 5.0 Emulator. Did you succeed to doing so?

Never tried yet.

On another note, I see there is a GJA skin for Primo 1.2. Didn't try it yet, but will see how it works and upload it when I get a chance. I have all the voices working from Primo 1.2 on my Tilt 2, maybe we can be rid of Samantha once and for all!

Damn, I started to have problem with the key sound and voice, in fact, no sound at all when in Primo, even after restoring the previous sys.txt and "save" folder.

Any clue?

No, I have been running with Primo for a month or so now with no issues. I see there are entries for sound in the data.zip under config\devieces\pioneer749uc, for example. The list below denotes what files exist there. Maybe enter in the sys.txt what your device is? eg:

[device]

;type="PIONEER746UC" ; US F700/900/710/910

;type="PIONEER746EW" ; Euro F700/900/710/910

;type="PIONEER749EW" ; Euro F500

type="PIONEER749UC" ; US F500

;type="pioneer avic-f500ew"

;type="pioneer avic-f500uc"

;type="pioneer avic-f900ew"

;type="pioneer avic-f900uc"

Take away the ; for your device and put a ; in front of the others.

No, I have been running with Primo for a month or so now with no issues. I see there are entries for sound in the data.zip under config\devieces\pioneer749uc, for example. The list below denotes what files exist there. Maybe enter in the sys.txt what your device is? eg:

[device]

;type="PIONEER746UC" ; US F700/900/710/910

;type="PIONEER746EW" ; Euro F700/900/710/910

;type="PIONEER749EW" ; Euro F500

type="PIONEER749UC" ; US F500

;type="pioneer avic-f500ew"

;type="pioneer avic-f500uc"

;type="pioneer avic-f900ew"

;type="pioneer avic-f900uc"

Take away the ; for your device and put a ; in front of the others.

No lucks! I don't know what was happening. No sound!

When I exit Primo with the Power icon, the unit reboots! This didn't happen before but now is everytime ... in TestMode it doesn't reboot but still no sound, everything are unmuted!!!

Everything else works though.