AVIC411.com

Primo for AVIC F series!

No lucks! I don't know what was happening. No sound!

When I exit Primo with the Power icon, the unit reboots! This didn't happen before but now is everytime ... in TestMode it doesn't reboot but still no sound, everything are unmuted!!!

Everything else works though.

Mine always rebooted when exiting with power buton, just minimize didn't reboot the unit. Are you sure that is new behavior?

ryar, you said that you tried Primo 1.2 and didn't like it. Can you share the link for 1.2? I am tired with the sound problem of v1.1.

Thanks.

I will shortly, just have to make sure it is stable.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mine always rebooted when exiting with power buton, just minimize didn't reboot the unit. Are you sure that is new behavior?

I will shortly, just have to make sure it is stable.

Reboot: when I first install your Primo 1.1, no reboot; no it reboots, even with the original files, even after restoring "SAVE" folder or delete "SAVE" folder. Definitely weired!

Sound: I used to have sound with your first Primo 1.1 files, then no sound, then back again (remember someone ask me to check the muted button, and it was not muted but no sound at that time, then back without any change, I think?).

Primo 1.2: I found it somewhere and run fine, but still no sound! :(.

[device]

type="PIONEER746EW"

When the car is at rest, the GPS is fixed - then it works.....

P. S. I apologize for my English :oops:

For sound, maybe try set language to ENGLISH (us) in regional. Also, make sure your unit is not muted in Chuck's mod before launching.

For sound, maybe try set language to ENGLISH (us) in regional. Also, make sure your unit is not muted in Chuck's mod before launching.

Well, finally found the gimmick for the sound to work again.

Very simple and I found that out purely at random, after inserting an USB key with music in that and the A/V was automatically looking to play those songs, and the Primo sound went back to life!

So USB, SD (or maybe iPod) music has to be played when running Primo to have sound, but Radio alone is not enough.

Weired behavior but that is it!

Enjoy! :)

Well, finally found the gimmick for the sound to work again.

Very simple and I found that out purely at random, after inserting an USB key with music in that and the A/V was automatically looking to play those songs, and the Primo sound went back to life!

So USB, SD (or maybe iPod) music has to be played when running Primo to have sound, but Radio alone is not enough.

Weired behavior but that is it!

Enjoy! :)

Wow, good find!

New download on the 1st page, changes include:

AVICmod 09.13.11 - Updated to Primo version 1.2, new GJ skin included. Hard buttons working, but only when booting off testmode on SD. Voices omitted, see post #2 for links. All TTS Pro voices now working!

It seems as though Primo is passing through the hard buttons and not recognizing them. Menu takes you to the stock menu, no way to get back though. I think I'm gonna be booting off SD from now on, the hard buttons are sure nice to have! I played with the [debug] catch_all_keys = 0 ; 0=No 1=Yes (I suppose) command but with no luck getting them working. Any ideas how to get Primo to use the buttons?

It looks like killing the MainMenu.exe process allows Primo to control the hard buttons, even when launching through Chuck's mod. Please test it and provide feedback to those without a f500bt and use your units for music/ect

Attachment removed, obsolete.

It looks like killing the MainMenu.exe process allows Primo to control the hard buttons, even when launching through Chuck's mod. Please test it and provide feedback to those without a f500bt and use your units for music/ect

ryar, do you mean that even the MAP button is working after terminating MainMenu.exe?

How about the TEL.exe applcation, no more access to bluetooth?

How to switch to AV.exe now?

Thanks.

Wow, good find!

New download on the 1st page, changes include:

AVICmod 09.13.11 - Updated to Primo version 1.2, new GJ skin included. Hard buttons working, but only when booting off testmode on SD. Voices omitted, see post #2 for links. All TTS Pro voices now working!

It seems as though Primo is passing through the hard buttons and not recognizing them. Menu takes you to the stock menu, no way to get back though. I think I'm gonna be booting off SD from now on, the hard buttons are sure nice to have! I played with the [debug] catch_all_keys = 0 ; 0=No 1=Yes (I suppose) command but with no luck getting them working. Any ideas how to get Primo to use the buttons?

ryar, thank you for sharing ...

Is GJA's skin for v1.2 having the same look and feel as the one (v2.6) for Primo v1.1?

ryar, do you mean that even the MAP button is working after terminating MainMenu.exe?

How about the TEL.exe applcation, no more access to bluetooth?

How to switch to AV.exe now?

Thanks.

Map is within Primo, brings you to navigation menu. Tel and AV are still running, not sure how to access them however. The download in post #1 does not include a kill for mainmenu. It looks like it may be a compromise at this point.

ryar, thank you for sharing ...

Is GJA's skin for v1.2 having the same look and feel as the one (v2.6) for Primo v1.1?

It looks great, most GJ settings are controlled through Map Settings now.

Perfect - thank you.

You're welcome!

Unfortunately, looks like that the Primo 1.x sound channel that routed to the device hardware is only opened when the SD, USB or iPod (USB too) is playing.

Since the radio is something that is playing only a couple of seconds after the car is ON (if radio source was selected before turning OFF the car), it doesn't need a Windows driver in order to work, where the explanation laid upon. This makes perfect sense, at least in my case.