AVIC411.com

Primo for AVIC F series!

Ryar, take a look at this link:

http://www.hjgode.de...keyboard-codes/

maybe can help

Thanks, it looks similar to the AEKMapScan I used to map the buttons in the sys.txt. It seems as though all buttons are passed through Primo to the Pioneer shell when the MainMenu is running. In this case the menu button brings up the Top Menu (where there is no way to return to Primo) and all other buttons are non-functional. When MainMenu is not running Primo uses the sys.txt mappings which allows the buttons to work. I really don't know where to go from here! We really need to find where the buttons are controlled when the MainMenu program is running, so we can set them up properly. Ideally if we can do this we can map the "Menu" button to minimize Primo (easy to do inside the Primo's sys.txt, it would be xC4 = "Minimize"), and the "Map" button to Maximize leaving the "MainMenu" running in the background (Would be xC3 = "SWITCH_MAP_COCKPIT" if Primo controls the buttons while minimized). I dug through Leetlauncher and the Russian mod to try and find how they mapped the buttons differently but didn't see anything obvious. I guess i'll play around some more when I have some time, in the meanwhile if someone knows what file controls the buttons, please share!

Also, when the MainMenu process is closed I can verify music still plays (tried off SD on my f500bt) and the volume is controlled by Primo. The volume dial even works with the pesky MainMenu process killed!

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ryar, how to select a new SKIN, like the one by GJA in Primo?

In v1.2, I don't have the fancy interface by GJA as in v1.1 GJA 2.6.

Thanks.

Go to settings, Display, then choose GJ_AK v3 10.0 Day for day and GJ_AK v3 10.0 Night for night. Restart Primo and the overview interface will be the new skin. Also, go to Sound and Warnings, voice recognition and disable voice recognition. This feature does not work (on anyone's unit regardless of make) unless it comes stock. It will remove the microphone icon on the overview screen. After choosing a Voice language that is a TTS Voice (street names announced) you can enable TTS Pro features (Read out route summary, ect).

The Skin is the same as the Scheme so far as I know. GJ labeled it a a skin in mobile passion, but it is a file that goes into the Scheme folder.

But I have both SCHEME and SKIN folders, and people in those forums instruct to create the SKIN folder, as well as in the folders structure of Primo 1.x downloads.

Are you sure? Where did you put yours to make them works?

But I have both SCHEME and SKIN folders, and people in those forums instruct to create the SKIN folder, as well as in the folders structure of Primo 1.x downloads.

Are you sure? Where did you put yours to make them works?

!!! You got me, sorry I mixed up the two. Schemes are what the day/night maps look like and Skins are the interface (much larger files). You can download any Skin and put them in the Skin folder (make sure they are compatible with Primo 1.2). With Schemes, you change them through map settings, and skins through display in settings.

Well, the buttons are working when launching in Chuck's mod through the download below. It turns out AEKMapScan relinquishes control from MainMenu and Primo then sees them. Now when you tap the Primo icon AESMapScan launches and closes before Primo launches which allows it to see and use the buttons. Note the Menu hard button isn't mapped just yet, when we figure out a way to get back to Primo from the Top Menu it will Minimize Primo.

I have also included the 30 and 60 second main menu files. To use them, go to settings, customize quick menu, and add external programs in a slot. Launch the quick menu (top right button of the overview screen) and tap external programs. Tap scan programs, and delete all programs but MainMenu30.exe and MainMenu60.exe. Don't worry, it just deletes them from the list, not the unit itself. Now if you tap one of these icon it will take you to the stock Top Menu which will allow you to change the AV source, settings, ect and it will show Primo after the time specified in the file name. Once again, this method of getting to the main menu is a little unorthodox but will have to do for now.

This isn't in the main download on post #1 just yet.

Unzip, and copy over the files on your unit.

Removed, obsolete

ryar,

I just created some mortscript files in the attached Primo.zip, unverified on my head unit yet. Below is the explanations:

1. I moved AEKMapScan.exe to the extension folder for consistency reason. SYS.txt is yours.
  2. I modified the original CwGoPrimo.mscr script (please move this file to iGo\Extension folder) to create an instance of Explorer prior launching Primo ... will be used later (i.e. you will have access to the Start menu after minimizing Primo).
  3. If you launch Primo through my mod with the .mscr script, you don't need to create corresponding .exe file, of course provided that the Quick Menu accept .mscr as executable programs.
  4. The TopMenu.mscr will first create two shortcuts to the RestorePrimo.mscr script, both in Windows Desktop and Favorites, then show the MainMenu.
  5. After you finish using MainMenu (TEL/AV etc), you can tape on the lowest end of the LCD, then you will see Windows Start menu (I know this is a patch, not perfect). From there, you can click on one of the shortcuts created earlier (rather than waiting 30 or 60 seconds).
  6. I also created a new shortcut to go back to iGo8 if wised (just link it to the Quick Menu)!

Voila! Please tell me whether this is working.

EDITED: Huuummm, running the AEKMapScan.exe application with the CwGoPrimo.mscr script leads to AVIC reboots. I commented out those lines and things are going good. Why?

APL2.zip

!!! You got me, sorry I mixed up the two. Schemes are what the day/night maps look like and Skins are the interface (much larger files). You can download any Skin and put them in the Skin folder (make sure they are compatible with Primo 1.2). With Schemes, you change them through map settings, and skins through display in settings.

Can you tell me which one is similar to GJA's v2.6 for Primo 1.2? It seems that GJA teams up with AK or something ... latest version?

Can you tell me which one is similar to GJA's v2.6 for Primo 1.2? It seems that GJA teams up with AK or something ... latest version?

Do you mean Primo 1.1? GJ_AK v3 10.0 is the latest and is similar to the one that came with the old Primo 1.1 version. Two things I noticed that maybe weren't improvements, no more home/work/village buttons and minimum zoom is 500 m. I liked 350 m on 1.1 but am getting used to the change. It is worth using 1.2 IMHO. The hardware buttons didn't respond in 1.1 and the new voices are welcome after listening to the 80s robot sounding Samantha.

Upon exiting Primo, AVIC reboots if SKIN other than the default day/night has been used, which indicates a memory usage issue.

Mine always rebooted after exiting, I thought it was normal. I haven't noticed any other memory issues, it has run rock solid since first installing it a month ago.

ryar,

I just created some mortscript files in the attached Primo.zip, unverified on my head unit yet. Below is the explanations:

1. I moved AEKMapScan.exe to the extension folder for consistency reason. SYS.txt is yours.
  2. I modified the original CwGoPrimo.mscr script (please move this file to iGo\Extension folder) to create an instance of Explorer prior launching Primo ... will be used later (i.e. you will have access to the Start menu after minimizing Primo).
  3. If you launch Primo through my mod with the .mscr script, you don't need to create corresponding .exe file, of course provided that the Quick Menu accept .mscr as executable programs.
  4. The TopMenu.mscr will first create two shortcuts to the RestorePrimo.mscr script, both in Windows Desktop and Favorites, then show the MainMenu.
  5. After you finish using MainMenu (TEL/AV etc), you can tape on the lowest end of the LCD, then you will see Windows Start menu (I know this is a patch, not perfect). From there, you can click on one of the shortcuts created earlier (rather than waiting 30 or 60 seconds).
  6. I also created a new shortcut to go back to iGo8 if wised (just link it to the Quick Menu)!

Voila! Please tell me whether this is working.

EDITED: Huuummm, running the AEKMapScan.exe application with the CwGoPrimo.mscr script leads to AVIC reboots. I commented out those lines and things are going good. Why?

Thank you for your contribution! I will try it out tomorrow.

Not sure where to change price of gasoline, I will post back when I find it.