AVIC411.com

Anybody had any bad antenna experiences? I installed a new N3 (replaced my N1 because of constant ribbon failures) I reused the n1 cables and antenna so that I wouldnt have to rip the entire truck apart. So I fire it up for the first time load with the new software East coast disc and it shows that I am stuck in Los Angels? I think thats wierd and I drive around for awhile hoping it would orient itself and finish its learnig mode, but no go. I check the status connection screen and it shows evrything ok but no gps signals no matter where I move, and when the vehicle moves it shows excessive vibration where it says installation position. The brain and headunit are mounted in the exact same spots as the N1 was and its nav worked fine. So I reluctantly pulled up some panels and carpet to check the antenna lead and cant visually see anything wrong with it anywhere. If i unplug it from the brain its says not connected and when i plug it back in it will say OK. My other question is will the N3 complete or even try to complete the learning hybrid sensor process if there is no GPS signal Because it has been saying initializing sensor for over 500 miles now even after a reset and a service menu force program write. By flipping the bypass switch before first time initial start up affect anything or was I suposed to set it up first initialize everything then pull it out and flip the bypass. Waht does everybody think Bad antenna , bad unit, bad software, bad install set up? Thanx in advance!

easiest and quickest check would be the antenna. unplug the N1 antenna from the brain, plug the N3 antenna into the brain and just throw the antenna onto the included metal sticky pad and onto the dash (no need to actually stick the pad to the dash, just to eliminate any cause of antenna).

Drive around and see if you acquire the signal