AVIC411.com

Upgrade D1 to X930BT - Size and Pinout compatible?

Let me say I have not been here in years. Glad to see the site is flourishing Jason!

I have the ancient AVIC D1 installed in my Dodge Ram. The center dash had to be custom made to fit the D1 since it came with a 1.5 DIN opening back then. The main AVIC bezel (the snap on trim piece) was actually molded into the dash center stack cover. You install the D1, then snap the whole center console on top of it.

So what I am looking at here then is, if I install the X930, will the molded-in D1 bezel fit right over it? I don't have much of a choice here. I don't know if things have changed such as size of the unit, or the way the bezel attaches or fits.

Hopefully much of the wiring also carries over, but that can be fixed if needed. Main issue is the bezel cover.

Let me know if anyone has any experience in this! Thanks!

Derek

• 1 month later...

both double din radios are the same physical size, so you shouldn't have a problem as long as you mount it the same way, however the harness will be different you you will have to rewire it, but the real wiring has not changed other than the bypass.

Sorry, didn't mean to ignore this response - I didn't get an email notification for some reason? Sounds good, as long as it physically fits the same as the D1, since the snap on bezel is molded into my dash at this point...

Derek

yup the only thing that might be a little different is how far the face stick out from the body, the d-series, usually sticks out a little more since the face moves, but then most dash kits allow for the radio to slide front to back a little bit.