AVIC411.com

Help plz, newb questions about X930BT

Hi guys,

I finally upgrade my car and will be selling my avic-d3 for a X930BT.

I had a few questions for you experts.

Does the X930BT play/control Pandora wirelessly via bluetooth a2dp or does it require the ipod/iphone cable?

I also wanted to play Slingbox audio on the screen. Does anyone know what kind of cables I'll need? I think I would have to use the RCA cables to connect it to the back, as I didn't see any other video 'input' connections. Can anyone confirm? I think I also need specific Apple branded output cables on my iphone for it to play 'mirror' or play what's on my screen as it's not playing a video.

Can anyone with Slingbox confirm please?

thx all!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you can stream pandora through BT and you'll be able to skip tracks and adjust volume but the HU will not display album art nor will you be able to choose playlists or thumbs up/down from the HU. (i think some folks have reported that iOS5 will enable these features)

the 51v iphone cable will let you do video out from the iphone to the HU. it won't mirror unless you're jailbroken and have some tweaks installed. the video will play on the HU and your phone will act as a remote with skip, pause/play and slider functions.

you can stream pandora through BT and you'll be able to skip tracks and adjust volume but the HU will not display album art nor will you be able to choose playlists or thumbs up/down from the HU. (i think some folks have reported that iOS5 will enable these features)

the 51v iphone cable will let you do video out from the iphone to the HU. it won't mirror unless you're jailbroken and have some tweaks installed. the video will play on the HU and your phone will act as a remote with skip, pause/play and slider functions.

So it's safe to say that it supports BT a2dp? So any music on my iphone whether its via ipod or a radio app will play wirelessly on my x930?

So it's safe to say that it supports BT a2dp? So any music on my iphone whether its via ipod or a radio app will play wirelessly on my x930?

yes. most times i just leave my phone in my pocket now. i just choose my playlist before i get in the car and just press play when the BT connects. the few times i actually plug in my phone is when it needs charging or when my passenger wants to get netflix or some other video app going. you can even play netflix on the phone and just have the audio stream go to the HU.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, I just bought the X930bt. I'm trying to find a solution to play Slingbox from my iPhone 4 or iPhone 4S on the X930bt.

I noticed that the x930bt only has RCA inputs and not HDMI. Video mirroring is supported on the iPhone 4S but its only through an HDMI cable. I don't think there's a way to convert HDMI to RCA.

Does anyone have any tips or ideas? I want to refrain from jailbreaking my iphone to use with the ipod cable. I am able to buy the RCA AV cable for my iphone, but Slingbox media stated that it will only work in HQ mode, which means fast internet via WiFi. So if I'm on the road using 3G, it will not work.

Any ideas?

thanks

I don't have my unit yet im going to be getting it in the next week i orderd from Amazon.com for jjust under 600 plus the 100 mail in rebate that i get from pioneer since i bought it from an autherized online seller for pioneer means i paid a totale of 499 for this unit yayyyyyyyyy

ill have it in the next 3 or 4 business days i hope

that's a deal and a half. i'm downloading iOS5 right now. ETA is 3 hours on a 20Mbps connection. apple's servers are getting hammered.

i actually could not wait any longer i went to best buy and for sure thinking they where going to say hell no lol

i asked if there was anything they could do i talked to the manager told them very nicely

amazon has it for 599.00 walmart has it for 649.00 and that is walmart.com

Pioneer also has a 100 dollar mail in rebate but it is not good on best buy purchases she said oh really wow

she left for about 20 minutes came back and said ok here is what i can do i can price match what walmart selling it for so she looked up on walmart.com and saw that it was even less then 649 she said your in luck its 598and change on walmart

so she gave me the 201 dollar price match discount winch she said she really was not allowed to do but she is the GM and said the hell with it she wanted to be nice

but don't tell anyone so i guess i just screwed this up and told yall here on the forum lol

i also got the 4 year best buy warranty that covers everything except accidental damage and theft

for 59.99

but i was not going to spend 129 for there gmos06 or 99 for there metra steering wheel interface because i i got the interface from amazon for 35 that best buy wanted 99 for and the GMOS06 for 80 from amazon that best buy wanted 129 for

my friend has the antenna adapter he will give me for free got the double din kit for 13 on amazon and the ipod pioneer real deal Pioneer harness for 26.99 from amazon

so just have to wait till next Wednesday at the latest when they will get here ten on the 22nd im going to Pittsburgh where i am goiing to have help with the install