AVIC411.com

Help plz, newb questions about X930BT

Maybe this will work with the app mode or application mode?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVNqtM8cMk4

According to this youtube video, any app that supports video output will display. Has anyone tried it with slingbox?

Can anyone confirm that SLINGPlAYER will work in 'APP MODE'?

I know Sling Media Support says

• SlingPlayer must be running in High Quality (HQ) streaming mode.

• You must use the Apple Digital AV Adapter, the Apple Component AV Cable or the Apple Composite AV cable. Visit the Apple Store online for more information and product availability.

So I'm not sure if it will work if iPhone is connected to the Pioneer CD-IU51V iPod cable....

Can anyone confirm pleeeeeease?!?!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What im going threw is i got my cable and i ordered it from amazon.com and got it from amazon not a 3rd party on amazon and they are a authorized pioneer dealer but the cable did not come with anything that said Pioneer on it or any paper work from pioneer so makes me wonder if someone just returned a cable that was a knock off in place of the real one after purchasing it and thinking since there is no way to really tell the difference between the 2 or not

so i won't know till i get the system up and running

but for those who have purchased the cables form authorized pioneer dealers and got the real cable did they have a orange sticker on it ? like this one i got from amazon but i have no idea weather it is real or not

post-56561-0-46692000-1318981102_thumb.jpg

Ok guys I need some serious help. I've been searching the other parts of the forums for this issue. My installer tried to do the bypass. He moved the yellow mute button next to the red wire and attached the green parking brake wire and the yellow wire to a black wire (ground) all together. He even tested the ground and its good.

I'm still getting the error message that says "impromper connection of parking brake lead." Any speed above 10 miles per hour blacks out the video.

Possibly related question. Does the x930bt's buttons light up during the day? Meaning when the headlights are in the off position? I remember on my avic D3, the lights and LCD used to dim at night when I turned on the lights.

On this x930bt the LCD does not dim when I turn on the lights. The LCD screen looks rather dim during the daytime and the lights stay on all the time?

Is this normal? I'm afraid it's due to the faulty by pass?

God my installer is a dumbass

Does anyone know about the lighting of the LCD and buttons?

Does the x930bt's buttons light up during the day? Meaning when the headlights are in the off position? I remember on my avic D3, the lights and LCD used to dim at night when I turned on the lights.

On this x930bt the LCD does not dim when I turn on the lights. The LCD screen looks rather dim during the daytime and the lights stay on all the time?

Is this normal? I'm afraid it's due to the faulty by pass?

i think i read somewhere that the x930bt has a mode selection for Auto/Day mode but not nite

i think there is a wire that is supposed to be connected to the headlamp or something along that line so that when your headlamps turn on the nite mode turns on

but im not sure

Am interested in knowing this also

you can stream pandora through BT and you'll be able to skip tracks and adjust volume but the HU will not display album art nor will you be able to choose playlists or thumbs up/down from the HU. (i think some folks have reported that iOS5 will enable these features)

the 51v iphone cable will let you do video out from the iphone to the HU. it won't mirror unless you're jailbroken and have some tweaks installed. the video will play on the HU and your phone will act as a remote with skip, pause/play and slider functions.

Can someone confirm that you are able to skip tracks and adjust volume through Bluetooth on Pandora? I don't see that option on my screen. I am just able to press play or pause. Please see picture #1 below. Another weird thing is that it says 'Andy's iPhone Connecting' and the word CONNECT on the bottom when it's already connected. I have an iPhone 4S iOS5. It plays Pandora music fine, but I don't have any options to skip or adjust volume like barney stinson said above. When I do click connect, I see a pop up that says, 'Please start the connection on the audio device'

Can anyone confirm please?

bt1nb.jpg

bt2cl.jpg

Can someone confirm that you are able to skip tracks and adjust volume through Bluetooth on Pandora? I don't see that option on my screen. I am just able to press play or pause. Please see picture #1 below. Another weird thing is that it says 'Andy's iPhone Connecting' and the word CONNECT on the bottom when it's already connected. I have an iPhone 4S iOS5. It plays Pandora music fine, but I don't have any options to skip or adjust volume like barney stinson said above. When I do click connect, I see a pop up that says, 'Please start the connection on the audio device'

Can anyone confirm please?

you know those physical left and right buttons? yeah, you can use them for skipping. :)

or you can use your steering wheel buttons like i do.

What im going threw is i got my cable and i ordered it from amazon.com and got it from amazon not a 3rd party on amazon and they are a authorized pioneer dealer but the cable did not come with anything that said Pioneer on it or any paper work from pioneer so makes me wonder if someone just returned a cable that was a knock off in place of the real one after purchasing it and thinking since there is no way to really tell the difference between the 2 or not

so i won't know till i get the system up and running

but for those who have purchased the cables form authorized pioneer dealers and got the real cable did they have a orange sticker on it ? like this one i got from amazon but i have no idea weather it is real or not

that looks legit.

• 1 month later...

Maybe this will work with the app mode or application mode?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVNqtM8cMk4

According to this youtube video, any app that supports video output will display. Has anyone tried it with slingbox?

I'd LOVE to stream some video to the blonde chick at the start of that video...mmm. I'd TOTALLY stream some video at her...