AVIC411.com

AVH-P3300BT App Mode - No Video

Hello,

I've been researching as much as possible from within Google, with no luck. I was hoping someone here has had the same issue, and how to resolve it. Here is what I am experiencing:

The P3300BT will bring up iPod/iPhone msuic and Pandoras works flawlessly. As soon as I go to "App Mode", I can hear the audio of any app playing over the radio, but no video. I have the CD-IU51Vcable, but I cannot for the life of me figure this issue out. I have a jailbroken iPhone 4, with iOS 4.3.3, and have purchased the "DisplayOut" package under cydia, with no success.

Are there any additional steps in getting this to work, or am I missing something trivial? I've gone through the entire owner's manual, as well as these forums, and some people have had success with adding music to their phone, however mine has music and everything else works fine. I can't even get the Motion X GPS App to display video out by itself, and this seems to work for everyone but myself.

I do have my radio bypassed with a relay, however I do not believe this to be the issue.

Any help would be pleasantly appreciated!

Also, I do know the bypass has been installed correctly as the video files from the SD Card, as well as DVD's function without issue.

I see other threads saying this could be the problem, but would all other modes work with the bypass except for the iPhone App Mode if the relay was installed incorrectly?

I have corrected this issue myself!

After further examination when comparing my two CD-IU51V and CD-IU50V cables, the CD-IU51V had a recessed rubber grommet on the end of the 4-way 3.5mm headphone plug that is uses for video. After sheering this down a bit, it connected perfectly and DisplayOut with my iPhone works like a charm.

I would like to ask an additional question for those who may know, does this Radio use the display's touchscreen to control the phone, or is this literally a secondary video feed? I've seen reviews of this radio on Amazon saying "You can play Angry Birds from the 3300BT's screen if you choose", which hints that the screen can control the phone...?

Also, is there any way to continue the video output from the Phone while it's locked? I can't find any apps that will do this, as it will charge the phone faster when displaying Navigon on the Radio rather than both displays simultaneously.

Thanks!

I have corrected this issue myself!

After further examination when comparing my two CD-IU51V and CD-IU50V cables, the CD-IU51V had a recessed rubber grommet on the end of the 4-way 3.5mm headphone plug that is uses for video. After sheering this down a bit, it connected perfectly and DisplayOut with my iPhone works like a charm.

Hello, I have a question that maybe you can solve. Have you try to connect the iPhone with the Apple OEM cable, not Pioneer's one? Can this cable share video?

Thanks in advance

Hello everyone!!

The standard iPhone cable (the one that comes with it, standard OEM Apple cable) - can it be used to transfer video to the Pioneer unit ? Or I NEED the special cable from Pioneer to transfer the video from the iPhone to the Pioneer's touchscreen ?

I tried with the OEM Apple cable and only audio - no video

Have you guys tried with the Standard OEM Apple cable and get the same results as me? And if you try the Pioneer's special cable it shows the video from the iPhone to the screen ?

Let me know if that is the case, so I will buy the cable from Pioneer.

Thank you!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...