AVIC411.com

trim ring question

I have an F700BT, and am trying to install it into an audi a4 as this gentleman on the forum did with a scosche dash kit. http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/19377-2006-audi-a4-wiring-f700bt-updated/

I am getting a gap around the exterior of the kit caused by the indentation that goes around the perimeter of the F700bt. I think this gap also exists in other F series and the X series.

Question for you lads and (lasses). Did the AVIC F700BT come with a trim ring to close the gap? I got mine from my little brother used when he ripped it out of his old car and sold it. If it did come with a trim ring, is there anyone here that did not use it that would be willing to sell there trim ring?

Thanks.

AudiJ.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Here's a pic with a F900BT fitted to my mk2 Audi TT:

dblDIN.jpg

You can see the metal showing at the bottom - the black square surround that came with the headunit dosn't appear to fit in the aperture given by the Connects2 facia.

I had to cut the bottom part of the square trim away and use 3M double-sided foamed tape to stick down the ends of both the sides; they stick directly to the lower corners of the headunit itself! Not very happy with this.

taken from your other thread:

spray pain that metal bracket black, while this wont fix the fitment issue and close the gap, it will at least hide the silver metal and cause it to blend in to the shadow of the gap.

or you could cut a strip of black ABS and epoxy it to the rest of the dash kit to properly fill the dash kit.

the kit probably has that gap to allow for nav units that have moving faces that need a little more room at the bottom to clear all the moving parts.

• 2 months later...