AVIC411.com

ios 5 and x920bt/930bt with the 3.0 update problem, aha, pandora pausing.

The issue im having now with ios 5 and the x920bt, with before and after the cnsd 210fm update is this battle between what source is actually active.

Example:

You plug your iphone 4 with ios 5 in to the unit via the cable.

Automatically the source switches to "ipod" and music starts playing

You select via the audio source selection menu on the unit, Pandora for example

Notice says to start pandora up on your device , you start pandora on the device

pandora info will show up on the screen, music will play from pandora for an instant, then pause.

You have to move to ipod source to get pandora to un-pause, (no tapping pause on ipod source necessary you just have to be at this source)

Go back to pandora after 5 seconds and it will remain unpaused and play normal.

I found out if you continuously pause/un pause pandora it will eventually stay un paused.

This same issue happens with aha as well, but hitting the pause button continuously doesn't help.

I am happy it works but it is frustrating.

The main issue is, when you have the 3.0 update for the x920bt, do we get bug fix point updates? Where would it be available under the x920bt page or the x930bt page.

I am really hoping its just iphone app updates that need to fix this and its not the x920bt needing the update.

ios5 is near final and its doing this, sounds like it might be an issue with the unit not knowing how to interact/control the iphone because of changes in ios.

Anyone else have ios 5 having this issue?

I guess we will find out when aha, and pandora are updated for ios 5. Hopefully the issues are fixed, who knows if 3.0 x920bt will be updated to fix it if that is in fact the problem.

• 2 weeks later...

THis happened to me with iOS 5 beta and after the final release yesterday....the same thing is happening on my x930BT. I'm going to try the things you said this morning to get it to work. It would always pause for me. I'd tap play a few times then just give up. Hopefully your suggestions still work. I thought maybe it was due to the Jailbreak, but nice to see it's not. Hopefully Pandora comes out with an update.

I have an X920BT (have not upgraded its firmware) and an iPhone 3GS running iOS5 and I'm having tons of problems trying to play Pandora through the X920BT ever since I upgraded to iOS5. (Have been running the beta for a few months and upgraded to the final version yesterday.)

I'd go as far as saying that it is unusable until Pandora updates their app. I sure hope that there's an updated Pandora app for iOS5 that also happens to fix the Pioneer functionality because I really miss having the ability to listen to Pandora in my car.

Found this on Pioneer's Site:

"Dear Pioneer Customers,

Certain models of our In-Dash Navigation AV Receivers that support playback and control of the Pandora™ internet radio and Aha Radio iPhone® applications are currently experiencing audio playback issues with these services. The issue occurs after installation of iOS 5 onto the user's iPhone®.

We are currently identifying the root source of this issue and working diligently to engineer a solution. We will post updates regarding this situation on our website, pioneerelectronics.com. Please check back for the latest information.

The following models are affected: AVIC-Z130BT, AVIC-Z120BT*, AVIC-Z110BT**, AVIC-X930BT, AVIC-X920BT*.

No other Pioneer In-Dash DVD Receivers or CD Receivers that support playback and control of the Pandora Radio iPhone application are affected by this issue.

*With CNSD-210FM map upgrade installed.

**With CNSD-110FM (Pandora Radio support only) or CNSD-210FM map upgrade installed."

Found this on Pioneer's Site:

"Dear Pioneer Customers,

Certain models of our In-Dash Navigation AV Receivers that support playback and control of the Pandora™ internet radio and Aha Radio iPhone® applications are currently experiencing audio playback issues with these services. The issue occurs after installation of iOS 5 onto the user's iPhone®.

We are currently identifying the root source of this issue and working diligently to engineer a solution. We will post updates regarding this situation on our website, pioneerelectronics.com. Please check back for the latest information.

The following models are affected: AVIC-Z130BT, AVIC-Z120BT*, AVIC-Z110BT**, AVIC-X930BT, AVIC-X920BT*.

No other Pioneer In-Dash DVD Receivers or CD Receivers that support playback and control of the Pandora Radio iPhone application are affected by this issue.

*With CNSD-210FM map upgrade installed.

**With CNSD-110FM (Pandora Radio support only) or CNSD-210FM map upgrade installed."

Nice catch, thanks for posting that here. If nothing else, it's good to know that Pioneer is aware of the problem.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having a few problems with my x920bt since going to ios5! No ipod music, I can see the display on the screen but I cant hear anything. No Pandora. It just stays paused. No video. The image shows on the screen and only plays for a milisecond and then pauses.

I sure hope they get this fixed! I am not very happy that this unit has a pretty crappy GPS (indicator not displayed on screen correctly) and now this. I'm loosing faith in Pioneer.