AVIC411.com

Video Playback when starting car

That's odd. I have a Z120BT as well and it starts playing from whatever source I had selected last. If it's a movie from my iPhone then it plays that, if it's a movie from the DVD player then it goes with that, etc.

Where is the video content stored that you are trying to resume playback from?

iPod Classic 160GB. I just get a black screen when I start the car. To continue playing any media I have to press the screen once and select music or videos.

A totally blank screen? That's not normal. Do you have steering-wheel controls? Sounds like something is sending an "OFF" command to the HU. If you were playing the iPod source when you powered off, it should just start in the same place after boot-up.

Yeah, a totally blank screen. Only happens when the last played content is video (movie, music videos). If I was playing podcasts or music last, I start the car and everything continues playing...

No, I don't have steering-wheel control hooked up. I could post a video later of my issue next week.

I just checked and that's exactly how mine works too. (Z120 upgraded w latest). Kinda annoying. Makes me glad I don't play vids much. I find it way too distracting, even if I'm not concentrating on the movie. I was playing Transformers 2 on the way to work and just about drove off the highway watching Megan Fox. :rolleyes:

Ok, so it's normal for the head unit to function this way. Yeah annoying but I listen to music mostly anyways. LOL, nice with the Transformers 2. If you think about it, watching movies like Transformers or Fast5 could really be a hazard even if you're not watching the video. I've mistaken the car sounds in the movies thinking someone driving next to me was doing something crazy.

Thanks again Ron. I see that you are a big contributor here in the AVIC forums.