AVIC411.com

Hi.

My F900 started, as many others to reboot but I have tried to delete the GPS files with no luck.

I have looked around on the disk and found that on APL2/iGO there are several files called C...something.

When I got the unit 2 years ago I did a full backup and I can't see these files on this backup.

Also I can not delete these files.

When I try to delete the disk it fails on these files, and when I try to copy my back onto the disk, if says there are not enough space.

My thoughts would be that my disc has become corrupt and I need to format.

Can anyone guide me to this?

I manage to solve the problem.

When I update to the 2010 software/map last year, I did a copy of the content onto a USB stick

Started in Testmode and went into control panel.

Removed all SD, usb cards etc.

There was a utility where I could format the drive. I had first to unmount it. Can't remember the name of it, but it was one of the last icons there.

After format, I connected the usb stick and copied that content back onto "My flashdrive" and restarted.

Knock on wood: It has worked for a couple of days now, including 2011 software update.

Strange thing: I also have a backup from the unit when I bought it in 2009 and first I tried to copy this back to the unit and it worked. Then I proceeeded to update the software to the 2010 with maps etc (original update) and then it failed again. No corrupt data, just saying "system startup - ......." and reboot.

Also what caused the files to become corrupt?

mrvictory1999:

In controll Panel there is a program called Storage Manager and from there I could format the drive.

Fist rememer to remove any SD or memory sticks from the unit.

http://www.google.no/imgres?q=WinCE+storage+manager&um=1&hl=no&biw=1280&bih=946&tbm=isch&tbnid=IOjQbIY_9EmD8M:&imgrefurl=http://community.psion.com/discussions/f/160/t/4238.aspx&docid=7aEF_Rtqkelj3M&w=240&h=320&ei=R-aVToPCGMPFswaQxsn7BQ&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=944&vpy=166&dur=4471&hovh=256&hovw=192&tx=102&ty=178&page=1&tbnh=129&tbnw=97&start=0&ndsp=36&ved=1t:429,r:34,s:0

I dismounted the drive and then I could format it.

After format then Mount the device again.