AVIC411.com

F30BT install audi a3 07, weird electrical faults

Hi everyone, wondered if someone on here might have come across a similar problem.

After installing the Pioneer F30BT unit into my car using a stalk adapter to retain the use of the steering wheel controls, the unit seemed to work fine but then random things started to happen to the car.

The time and fuel left in miles on the dash and the auto open close option for the windows reset after the ignition key was turned to off. Also the ESP fault light came on occasionally (but went as soon as it was driven). Car alarm has also gone off at the same time as the dash reseting. When chatting to the audi service dept, they said its like the battery is being disconnected.

So, not being an expert, I dont understand how the Pioneer unit or the after market stalk adapter could do this to the car? Any ideas?

Cheers

Paul

Hi everyone, wondered if someone on here might have come across a similar problem.

After installing the Pioneer F30BT unit into my car using a stalk adapter to retain the use of the steering wheel controls, the unit seemed to work fine but then random things started to happen to the car.

The time and fuel left in miles on the dash and the auto open close option for the windows reset after the ignition key was turned to off. Also the ESP fault light came on occasionally (but went as soon as it was driven). Car alarm has also gone off at the same time as the dash reseting. When chatting to the audi service dept, they said its like the battery is being disconnected.

So, not being an expert, I dont understand how the Pioneer unit or the after market stalk adapter could do this to the car? Any ideas?

Cheers

Paul

Pretty much everything on the A3 (I had an 07 A3 before) is controlled through the CAN bus, so if either the adapter is bad, or it wass not installed properly, all kinds of weird things would happen. Try taking it out and see if everything works properly...