AVIC411.com

"Tuner error" after updating to Z130 (due to MSN tuner)

I had to dig for an explanation - so instead of leaving the topic buried, thought I'd throw out a new one to cover this.

If you have the MSN tuner, and do the Z130 upgrade, you will end up with an annoying, slightly unusable HU...

After the update, if you have not pulled your HU out, and unplugged the MSN (i you have it), you will get a "

tuner error - if this persists, contact Pioneer".

Everything still works, and you can use the nav/radio et al - you just have to press "OK" every few seconds (hassle) when trying to use the touch interface.

Funny that they would not have thought about this with the upgrade (???????????????????????????)????????

Why would they even think about putting msn direct on this update if its going to be canceled in 2 months anyway? No point in taking up the menu interface with buttons that wont work and extra services to use the cpu making a slower unit.

That's not the point - the point is - instead of just disabling the MSN, they've disabled the whole radio after install... So if you do the upgrade, you've gotta pull your radio out of the car, remove the MSN hardware, then re-install....

It's an undocumented stupid hassle....

• 1 month later...

That's not the point - the point is - instead of just disabling the MSN, they've disabled the whole radio after install... So if you do the upgrade, you've gotta pull your radio out of the car, remove the MSN hardware, then re-install....

It's an undocumented stupid hassle....

I have a Z110 -->Z120-->Z130 (hacked versions), and when I check the system info for the headunit, there are dashes where the "CAN Version" should be. When I installed the latest Z130 firmware upgrade, I did have the MSN tuner installed.

Are you telling me I have to re-install my Z130 firmware to get rid of the "-----" in the "CAN Version" entry? If so, how do I go about doing that? What are the steps in re-installing the Z130 firmware upgrade?

Update 12/28/2011

Nevermind, I did a factory reset on the HU, and the dashes went away.