AVIC411.com

3.5mm Aux in problem

Yesterday I got an AVIC-X930BT installed in my 2011 Legacy. The installer pulled the usb/3.5mm cable to my center console/arm rest. The usb port works great, charges my android phone, reads mp3s from the sdcard on the phone and usb sticks work great. The problem is that I cannot for the life of me get audio to play from the 3.5mm port on that cable. Is there some sort of black magic that needs to happen in the settings? It seems too simple to mess up... I plug the 3.5mm cable into my phone and into the sub/aux cable, play music on my phone, then click the aux1 button on the source menu and cycle through all the modes (cd/ipod/aux) and no sounds comes out. In the settings menu there is only a choice of ipod or ext for aux1 port and I have tried both. The BT streaming audio works great but not all my devices have this capability. Thanks for the help, hopefully it is just something stupid I am doing!

This answer probably doesn't help any, but I'll put it out there and maybe someone else can either fix it or tie it all together.

I thought the USB/3.5mm plug set was for use with either the iPod (both required), or just the USB, or just the 3.5mm. Do you by any chance have both USB and 3.5mm hooked up at the same time?

To "fix" the problem, I used a 3.5mm female socket to RCA male cables adapter and plugged that into the female RCA cables on the rear of the unit - this then is Aux1.

You sir are incorrect! This was a great help! :mrgreen: I suspected that I would have to use the two RCA plugs as the aux 1 in. I started to suspect that the 3.5mm jack was just for the ipod and was only functional when an idevice was used which seems to be confirmed by you. Thanks for the help!