AVIC411.com

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in EU and using CNSD-100FM version. I'm not upgrade to 3.021000 or CNSD-200FM yet but I don't think upgrading one of these version will fix my problem :( I opened a ticket with Pioneer also, but I guess I have to wait...

Well, I'm in the US...so hopefully we're dealing with two different support organizations, doubling our slim chances of getting a real response!

I had a look at the individual file versions of the latest US and EU firmwares:

Latest US:

---- integrate version: 3.020100 ----

7z.dll - 1.0.0.6

CustomFontLib.dll - 1.0.0.6

GdiPlus2.dll - 1.0.0.6

V2dModel.dll - 1.0.0.6

AplCommonLib.dll - 1.0.0.1

AplLib.dll - 1.0.0.1

Av.exe - 1.0.2.5

CommonLib.dll - 1.0.1.7

iPod.dll - 1.5.0.1

iPodCP.dll -

MainMenu.exe - 1.0.1.3

Navi.exe - 1.0.0.1

NBaseLib.dll - 1.0.0.7

NDeviceLib.dll - 1.0.0.1

NEventBaseLib.dll - 1.0.0.6

NEventWatcher.exe - 1.0.0.10

NPCommonLib.dll - 1.0.0.6

NPLib.dll - 1.0.0.1

NStandardLib.dll - 1.0.0.6

NSystemInfoLib.dll - 1.0.0.1

SystemSetting.exe - 1.0.1.3

Tel.exe - 1.0.1.3

uComInitComm.exe - 1.0.0.1

Update.exe -

Usb_Info.dll -

Video.exe - 1.0.0.8

archer_api.dll - 1.0.64.1

CallHistoryLib.dll - 1.0.2.11

FirmwareUpdate.dll - 1.0.0.1

HFD_Assistant_Lib.dll -

iconv.dll - 1.9.0.0

InterActiveAPI.dll -

parrot.dll - 1.0.81.0

PhonebookDB.dll - 1.0.3.3

sqlite3.dll -

PictureCodecWin32.dll - 1.0.11.0

Latest EU:

---- integrate version: 4.001000 ----

7z.dll - 1.0.0.6

CustomFontLib.dll - 1.0.0.6

GdiPlus2.dll - 1.0.0.6

V2dModel.dll - 1.0.0.6

AplCommonLib.dll - 1.0.0.1

AplLib.dll - 1.0.0.1

Av.exe - 1.0.2.5

CommonLib.dll - 1.0.1.7

iPod.dll - 1.5.0.1

iPodCP.dll -

MainMenu.exe - 1.0.1.3

MainMenu1.exe -

Navi.exe - 1.0.0.1

NBaseLib.dll - 1.0.0.7

NDeviceLib.dll - 1.0.0.1

NEventBaseLib.dll - 1.0.0.6

NEventWatcher.exe - 1.0.0.10

NPCommonLib.dll - 1.0.0.6

NPLib.dll - 1.0.0.1

NStandardLib.dll - 1.0.0.6

NSystemInfoLib.dll - 1.0.0.1

Renewal.exe - 1.0.0.1

RenewalLib.dll -

SystemSetting.exe - 1.0.1.3

Tel.exe - 1.0.1.3

uComInitComm.exe - 1.0.0.1

Update.exe -

Usb_Info.dll -

Video.exe - 1.0.0.8

archer_api.dll - 1.0.64.1

CallHistoryLib.dll - 1.0.2.11

FirmwareUpdate.dll - 1.0.0.1

HFD_Assistant_Lib.dll -

iconv.dll - 1.9.0.0

InterActiveAPI.dll -

parrot.dll - 1.0.81.0

PhonebookDB.dll - 1.0.3.3

sqlite3.dll -

PictureCodecWin32.dll - 1.0.11.0

As you can see, the iPod.dll and iPodCP.dll versions unfortunately appear to be the same.

I've done a little more research, AVICs are definately not the only car radio or A/V dock that is having issues with IOS5. There have also been other issues with the programs that use video out. I'm beginning to think Apple has broken more than a few things with the Ipod functionality of IOS 5. Good news is that we are much more likely to see a fix from Apple than Pioneer. I think we're just going to have to hold on and wait for some IOS 5 bug fixes.

• 2 weeks later...

Assuming we might never get a fix for this, I have been experimenting with using streaming video instead of syncing video via iTunes. In the process I ran across a very good and simple to setup streaming app called Air Video. Basically, you install a server on a computer at home and point it to various directories on the computer where you have video stored. You then buy a $3 app for the iPhone, there is a free version you can test with.

The nice thing is that it can convert many file types in real time at various qualities depending on your preferences and the type of connection you are on. However the most impressive thing is how efficient the conversion (transcoding) process is. I'm getting very respectable results with smooth video streams on a dual core Intel Atom based PC, by no means a fast computer. So, I suspect almost any old computer you might have lying around would suffice for a server.

To see it on your AVIC, you just set the AV1 input instead on iPod and select AV1 as the input.

I called Pioneer yesterday just to see what they would say. They did acknowledge the issue and said their engineers are working on it. But they couldn't tell me that they would able to fix the issue. It sounded like it was possible that as far as using video with an ipod that has IOS 5. They may be out of luck. The guy on the phone actually suggested that I jailbreak my ipod touch and downgrade the firmware. I wasn't expecting that response.

I just go off the phone with Apple and they made it sound like it's up to Pioneer to come up this a firmware up-date to address the problem. I've sent pioneer a couple of service requests on the issue and they want me to call them back but I haven't had time to get back with them. Let's all keep bugging them and hopefully they'll get the idea they need to fix this problem.

I just go off the phone with Apple and they made it sound like it's up to Pioneer to come up this a firmware up-date to address the problem.

My bet....they got the AVIC X920BT/X930BT Pandora app made by pioneer that is having issues with IOS5 with our older F900BT/F90BT/F700BT/X910BT/710BT units.

I'm likely getting a 4GS soon as part of our annual phone upgrade rotation. I'm thinking of taking advantage of the new mirroring feature of the 4GS when using the HDMI video cable. I will need an HDMI to composite converter, but those aren't too expensive. The advantage here is that no further IOS update will likely break anything and generally anything that can appear on the iPhone screen will show on the AVIC. I may use the AV2 input for this and hook up my old iPod Video to the AVIC IPod interface.

So I have the iphone 4s and the Avic-700BT and when I plug in the iphone the usb icon never changes to ipod and the usb stays greyed out ..... all the other posts say people cant do video, but I cant do regualr ipod funtions. But I plug in my girls ipod touch "not ios5" and it works perfect .... any ideas on my problem? thanks

I did my own digging and this is what came up. Curiously i was told bu the rep on the phone that they had no idea about the issue, to which i suggested a quick perusal of the internet. His reply shocked me, in less words he told me that pioneer did not have the time to be listening to what people had to say on the internet. In this day and age where the internet has become our central knowledgebase for almost anything i find it strange that an electronics company would have such a response. At any rate i attached their very corporate response for the perusal of the people.

Cheers

ORION

Good day Mr. Fleming,

I have reviewed your email to our Customer Contact Centre. Please open the

attached file for our response.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any further questions.

(See attached file: Fleming_AVICF900BT.pdf)

Regards

Louis Boucher

Senior Service Manager

Business Services

Pioneer Electronics of Canada, Inc.

Tel. 905-946-7412

Fax. 905-946-7424

Fleming_AVICF900BT.pdf

Ok, so I got in touch with Pioneer today. There was no issue as far as sending the unit in for password retrieval. But as far as the IOS5 software issues go they have received several complaints and suggest for me to take it up with Apple. Hopefully Apple fixes this in the software, but I hope this doesn't mean Pioneer is leaving previous model owners in the cold. This file from the previous post:

-With regards to the current in-dash navigation models, AVIC-X930BT and AVIC-Z130BT, all are certified to support iPhone and work with IOS 5.

Ok yes its not Pioneers fault but and same time they are in no hurry to help. We have iPhone 4s iPhone 4 and two iPods. If you update to IOS 5 you will loose your video output. Pioneers software is out out date in todays world. I also have 2010 Ram 6.7L diesel truck with a factory Nav called a Mygig. It has a 40 Gb hard drive built in with 20 gb's for storage. I also have a lock pic installed. Kinda like a bypass for the AVIC's so you input nav or watch DVD or video while in gear or in motion, this also has a factory iPod cable witch can used by the touch screen just like an AVIC but you need the lock pic to play video or DVD,s the lock pic has an iPod / iPhone / iPad cable and will play Video / Music while in motion. Anyway it works just fine on IOS 5.0 and now IOS 5.0.1 witch came out yesturday. Anyway this is what customer sevice should be. There was a problem with iPhone 4 and bluetooth. So Chrysler sent a FREE CD UPGRADE thats right FREE NO chagre uprgade. I installed the upgrade and it fixed the connection with the bluetooth. Okay so I do not have my F90BT any more but my wife has an F900BT in her car. And I will never purchase a Pioneer product again. So we will see if Pioneer will step to the plate. Not !!