AVIC411.com

Agreed on Pioneer dragging a$$ to at least keep the units relevant with support and constant changes. I have 4 AVIC's (2 F900BT's, 2 X910BT's) and upgrades can be frustrating especially when Pioneer releases official software at $100+ and only one use per unit! Don't get me wrong I do like them but you would not think an electronic giant like Pioneer to release a product and drop the ball i.e., support, dated software, and incompatibility with HD radio and XM modules.

However my wife contacted Apple that said they had no knowledge of the current problems. To leave a description of the problems at Apple.com/feedback so their techs can find a solution. So maybe with enough feedback from users they'll fix the problem.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got same issue after upgrading my iPhone 4 to iOS5. My f900bt device cannot able to play iPod/iPhone videos any more. When connected my iPhone to device and when pressing the video button on iPod screen, my device restart itself... Any solution or advice?

Yes, I have this same problem too. My F900BT is on 2.0 firmware, and my iPhone 4 is in iOS 5 and videos make it reboot. I also loose charging capability from time to time as well, Im going to look into a new cable as my 2nd issue might be that. Hopefully videos get fixed soon.

I have the same issue with my iPhone 4S and 700Bt. I also have my wife's iTouch with the previous operating system and video works fine so this is definitely a problem with the iOS 5. I contacted Apple back in the beginning of October and they were "unaware of the problem". I was on the phone for about 45 minutes. From what I understand, with the new operating system, Apple has change the way video files are handled and Pioneer has not addressed this change. I am not sure who can fix it but I am not holding my breath for Pioneer to address the issue (and maybe they can't?). The tech at Apple suggested I submit feedback to the Apple site. He said that the engineers frequently monitor the feedback submitted through the link below and it is the best way to get problems addressed. So like "spankedmonkey" suggested,the more people who submit feedback requesting a fix, maybe the issue will be addressed. I am not sure how much this will help either but it may be worth a shot!

http://www.apple.com/feedback/

Maybe the best bet is a hack/mod. Is anyone trying to figure this one out??

WR

Finally tried my Iphone 4s with my F90bt and was happy to see Pandora working then when I tried video I was sad that no videos worked,however the audio did and there was no rebooting issues my unit just wouldn't let me chose video option. I really hope a fix comes because I was looking forward to using netflix!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...