AVIC411.com

<SOLVED> Avic D-1 loses all settinngs

I ran a search of this forum and checked all of the things previously mentioned related to this problem. I installed a reman Avic-D1 in a 1995 Hummer H1 GAS engine (not diesel, because I know that was a problem with another member). The D1 reboots and loses all of its settings after the ignition has been off for more then 60 seconds. I've soldered all of the connections and checked the ground. I hooked a voltmeter up to the wiring harness and it is showing constant power at all times on the BATT wire and the voltage only drops to about 10 volts on start-up. There are no loose wires at the plug into the back of the D1. I am thinking that since I am tracking a constant voltage all the way up to the D1, it must be something internal with the radio itself. Any suggestions?

Have you checked the ground wire on the avic. Its possible that that could be bad. Since you say it loses everything after a minute or so, make sure you have +12 volts on the yellow wire and ground on the black wire after more than a minute. It's doubtful that the unit itself is bad. Your problem sounds more like an issue with the installation.

why not for the sake of argument run a constant to the battery, and connect it to the d1 and see if 120 seconds later you get the same problem, if you do, then you know its NOT the constant wire, double check that the ground is constantly grounded also.

Yeah...I'm a friggin' idiot. The ACC and the constant were reversed. The wiring on the Hummer H1 in the center console is HORRIBLE. The two wires were white and light grey which looked exactly alike. I must have turned my head to reach for the soldering iron and grabbed the wrong one. Thanks for squaring me away. Now I just need to wait on my camera to come in so I can re-solder everything and not spend ANOTHER hour getting all of my settings and XM presets the way I like them. Thanks gurus!