AVIC411.com

Before you upgrade your iPhone to iOS 5

It's already a little to late for me as I got the update. Some might want to hold off before updating their iPhone to iOS 5 until Pioneer comes out with a fix for this either way here is the information from Pioneer.

"Dear Pioneer Customers,

Certain models of our In-Dash Navigation AV Receivers that support playback and control of the Pandora™ internet radio and Aha Radio iPhone® applications are currently experiencing audio playback issues with these services. The issue occurs after installation of iOS 5 onto the user's iPhone®.

We are currently identifying the root source of this issue and working diligently to engineer a solution. We will post updates regarding this situation on our website, pioneerelectronics.com. Please check back for the latest information.

The following models are affected: AVIC-Z130BT, AVIC-Z120BT*, AVIC-Z110BT**, AVIC-X930BT, AVIC-X920BT*.

No other Pioneer In-Dash DVD Receivers or CD Receivers that support playback and control of the Pandora Radio iPhone application are affected by this issue.

*With CNSD-210FM map upgrade installed.

**With CNSD-110FM (Pandora Radio support only) or CNSD-210FM map upgrade installed."

[/left][/left]

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems to be an issue with pause/play. They start out on pause and don't work when hitting play - most of the time. I did get Pandora to work when hitting the pause/play multiple times, but it wasn't consistent. With the speed at which Pioneer works, I'm not holding my breath.

Without Pandora, I would not have purchased this unit.

I have an iPhone 3GS with the upgrade as well. What I do when I get the "pause" bug is temporarily swap over to the iPod source, wait two seconds, then swap back to Pandora and it starts working again. Pain in the butt when you get a phone call though, because you have to do the source swapping again.

Part of the issue may be where in iOS5 they decided to split the Music and Video sections from being in the iPod app into their own seperate apps since some of the selections work based off of that hierarchy.

Z120BT, no updates, and have the Pandora pause problem. I only came into comment because I saw someone received a response from Pioneer that they are "working on it". That's very surprising to me. I assumed they would ignore the issue and expect us to buy a new head unit.

I was holding out on buying the upgrade for the Z120 that adds aha and facebook etc until after iOS 5 was released. This is exaclty why I was waiting.

I have the 130BT (version 3.00) and the new 4S phone.

When you start Pandora, it plays for a millisecond then pauses. When you unpause it, it plays for another split second then pauses again. I did find that if you switch to the ipod source, pandora will play fine but you wont get any album art on the screen, it just spins. (cant find it)

Other things: I haven't been able to get any BT streaming to work on the new iOS/phone (but I haven't played with it much, it might be user error thus far)

Also, there have been 3 times where im playing music directly from my phone and it just pauses randomly. I unpause it and then its fine.

Weird bugs, I hope they address this ASAP.

Last two times the following worked for me. I fired up Pandora on my iPhone 4 and connected it before starting the car. You'll need to pause Pandora on the phone as it will start to play to the phones speaker. Then when I started the car and the 130 booted I just tapped Pandora on the 130 and it switched over and began playing. A little cumbersome but it is something until it's fixed.