AVIC411.com

Is the Z130 able to display RDS on non HD stations?

Thanks, I know I am having issues with the traffic tuner based on another thread, I wasn't sure if the RDS transmissions (song name, station ID, etc) could be related since the traffic tuner is a separate unit but it might make sense an inoperative traffic tuner, if it is the RDS source, is the reason I don't see station ID's and song names on most of the stations.

Hey, I'm having the same issue... No RDS data on regular analog FM stations. I called Pioneer on it last week and the Tech Support rep tested on an X930BT. He found analog FM RDS worked fine on that unit. As long as the FM signal was received strong, the station info, artist etc. works fine. He's supposed to be hooking up a Z130BT and confirming with me the results soon.

All the specs on the Pioneer website say the radio supports RDS data so hopefully it's a setting or something. Will post the results.

• 2 weeks later...

I also do not get any RDS information on Analog stations. I do not know if it is station dependent.

My Z120 w/Z130 s/w does display some of the RDS tag info - in a very limited fashion. Seems like 8-10 characters that scroll (only the currently tuned station). Call sign, program/artist/song info usually. If/when I go down the preset list, it seems to remember and display the station's call-sign (instead of just the frequency) for some period of time. However, that info isnt permanently stored.

Is the real Z130's tuner different? This seems to be a common complaint. I hardly ever listin to the radio, but I made it a point to see if RDS was there. Note: I don't have an HD or RDS traffic tuner installed.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...