AVIC411.com

AVICnet 2.1 for AVIC F series, working OBDII! Updated 2014/04/30

Ryar,

Many thanks for all your efforts in bringing us the Euro version.You have given the forum a much needed boost.

It's my pleasure! I am happy to give back to the AVIC411 community after it has given me so much. Thanks again for your help on the Euro AVICnet.

Hi Ryar Just a couple of questions if you can answer them please.

Do we have to reboot to change platforms ie Tom Tom to primo or Garmin to Tom tom etc?

Will sound work on the other platforms?

Cheers.

No, you don't have to reboot unless you start Primo w/o iGo8 since it kills the ezrider process which includes the AVICnet menus. You can run the stock iGo with one other GPS program at a time. Make sure you close the other GPS program before launching another or you will get an error when attempting to launch a 3rd program. The video shows how to launch and close each program. To return to the second GPS program if you go back to the top menu tap the green icon in the top right of the screen and it will maximize that program.

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanted to say a big thank you to Ryar! Got this working using the EU version. I must've left a few files behind or something didn't quite come accross 100% between the download, unzip delete and copy...

Spoke too soon!!! Back to the old Primo problems. GPS is ther but I am not on the map. I only have the UK maps loaded and it worked fine this morning, Primo maps postioned me immediately multiple times. I went on a coupe of trips to see it working and all was fine, went home for lunch and it no longer works.

The only thing i can remember that i did in the interim was:

1 I downloaded 1 of the 4 uk maps for tomtom (wasn't sure how to implement them), put the folder contents where advised. Tomtom started but didn't find any maps.

2 I launched garmin and oziexplorer, neither of them found any GPS data whichis when I started thinking it wasn't working correctly anymore.

IGO works fine.

I might give up and stick with IGO, the issue is just too random for me to understand.

Thanks still go out obviously to Ryar.

Spoke too soon!!! Back to the old Primo problems. GPS is ther but I am not on the map. I only have the UK maps loaded and it worked fine this morning, Primo maps postioned me immediately multiple times. I went on a coupe of trips to see it working and all was fine, went home for lunch and it no longer works.

The only thing i can remember that i did in the interim was:

1 I downloaded 1 of the 4 uk maps for tomtom (wasn't sure how to implement them), put the folder contents where advised. Tomtom started but didn't find any maps.

2 I launched garmin and oziexplorer, neither of them found any GPS data whichis when I started thinking it wasn't working correctly anymore.

IGO works fine.

I might give up and stick with IGO, the issue is just too random for me to understand.

Thanks still go out obviously to Ryar.

I really don't understand why it works for some people but not others. I wonder if it has something to do with what is in your content folders? That is really the only difference between your unit and others who are not having the same issue. Do you have lots of space on your unit? If so you can comment out all lines under [folders] in Primo's sys.txt and copy select maps and other content to Primo's content folders. Note the Primo folder is for iGo Primo and the Primo2 folder is for iGo Primo w/o iGo8; each have their own sys.txt. Try copying only one map (besides the basemap), one dem file, one building file, and one pio file. Thats all I have on my unit. When you launch Primo reset to defaults and delete the save folder which is now located in My Flash Disk\User\\UserData\Primo. I'm sure the solution is something simple, unfortunately we have not stumbled upon it yet.

TomTom maps must be activated to your unit before they will work. I noticed that sometimes the unit must be restarted as the GPS Port Splitter doesn't function properly. This usually occurs when jumping from one GPS program to another. I also noticed that although the GPS settings are set properly, they must be re-set for the GPS to work. Set each program to port 6, baud 9600.

hi

can iphone 3gs jailbroken work like modem ?

It may be possible, but I have no idea how. It seems to be set up for USB modems only. I tried tethering with my WiMo phone and a program called USB modem, but it didn't want to assign it a COM port. When/if I have some spare time I will investigate further but I don't have an iphone to test. Does the iphone have an app where it can be connected via usb and recognized as a modem? This is different then internet sharing and would be the place to start.

Thx ryar for the europe mod

I have just one question is it possible to add Navigon and delete TomTom ,Oziexplorer and all other software,

so i can just use the stock Igo or i can use Navigon

Can you tell me how to do that myself

8)

You can remove all the 3rd party GPS programs by deleting them from the APL4 folder. Primo is in APL2 and there are two folders there you can delete, Primo and Primo2. If you tap Avic Net, settings, settings menu, and Navigation when you select each GPS program it will allow you to change the programs name, path, icon ect. and even clear the program. If you clear it it should delete it from the Navigation menu.

I played with Navigon a bit but couldn't get it to launch. If you would like to try your luck make sure it is first working in testmode, and then add it to the APL4 folder. You can create a shortcut to it using the same steps above to clear it from the Navigation menu. Please post back if you have any luck getting it working, if it takes up a small amount of space it would be great to add!

I really don't understand why it works for some people but not others. I wonder if it has something to do with what is in your content folders? That is really the only difference between your unit and others who are not having the same issue. Do you have lots of space on your unit? If so you can comment out all lines under [folders] in Primo's sys.txt and copy select maps and other content to Primo's content folders. Note the Primo folder is for iGo Primo and the Primo2 folder is for iGo Primo w/o iGo8; each have their own sys.txt. Try copying only one map (besides the basemap), one dem file, one building file, and one pio file. Thats all I have on my unit. When you launch Primo reset to defaults and delete the save folder which is now located in My Flash Disk\User\\UserData\Primo. I'm sure the solution is something simple, unfortunately we have not stumbled upon it yet.

TomTom maps must be activated to your unit before they will work. I noticed that sometimes the unit must be restarted as the GPS Port Splitter doesn't function properly. This usually occurs when jumping from one GPS program to another. I also noticed that although the GPS settings are set properly, they must be re-set for the GPS to work. Set each program to port 6, baud 9600.

I am having the same problem with Primo. I got the GPS working once but now all is showing is "Auto detecting Satellite". I tried deleting the Save folder inside Primo and also under My flash disk\user\primo. I tried all different sys.txt to no avail.

Jimbo

No luck.

I did all the changs you suggested and still no luck. Without the address of the map (UK copied as per instructions and sys.txt amended) Primo returned an error saying it oculdn't find the map, I carried on and there was no map. Despite this I guess the systme was still putting me in London as the buildings came through and Westminster Abbey and the Houses of Parliament were right next to me (where Primo had been putting me previously with the maps).

Garmin and TomTom still don't pick up a GPS signal.

Two things I noticed.

1 There is a "crash.txt" in the Primo folder. I have copied it to my SD card and will share it later when I am home. There might be info in there?

2 When the systme is warming up it briefly flashes the portsplitter status window. I can see there that port 7 and 9600 baud are set. Sys.txt specifies port 6. If I change the sys.txt entry to 7 I get a message about "attempting to detect GPS hardware" (something along those lines anyway). I am not sure how to run the portsplitter and change the port. If I run it once avicnet has started I get an error?

Stock iGO is looking good to me now ... Although that has changed a bit as well ...

bonjour

j'ai installer avic net sur mon 900BT

tout fonctionne primo et primo igo, tomtom et garmin ,gps detecté

mais je n'arrive pas pour les voix de primo et primo igo

c'est formidable MERCI

Bonjour, êtes-vous essayer d'utiliser TTS anglais ou en français? Je n'ai pas testé française donc je peux pas dire si cela fonctionne correctement. Anglaise fonctionne très bien sur mon F900BT.