AVIC411.com

AVICnet 2.1 for AVIC F series, working OBDII! Updated 2014/04/30

Hi ryar...

for example it's a pity that primo only works with playing music form the sd card. It would be realy great to use radio while running primo. I don't know if this is a point that will be possible... In addition to this it seems that I have some problems with the volume in primo. During my first tests it seems that the music volume was varying from lower to higher levels?!

I found a version of Primo which plays TTS over audio despite the source, and also allows keybind commands to work. So far as the varying volume while in Primo, the volume knob is controlling the systems volume as well as Primo's. This can be fixed by commenting out or deleting

xaf = "VOLUMEUP" ;Dial right

xae = "VOLUMEDOWN" ;Dial left

in the sys.txt. I will upload the version which includes working audio and keys this weekend sometime. Unfortunately it is Primo 1.0 and it will take a little getting used to since we are familiar with 1.2 and it's features.

He Ryar,

I'm still trying to get the TMC working.... Since you're in Canada it might be hard to test, maybe you can poin the right direction?!

I think there are some drivers and sys.txt commands missing, wait until I upload the Primo which allows our audio/keys to work this weekend and give it a try.

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ryar

Really appreciate your continued development work with Primo.I for one prefer the primo interface over stock IGO now I am more used to it.Wonder if Chuck has avoided the temptation to have a more intense play with it?Best regards Chuck if you are still around here!

Thank you ryar...

I will test to modify the settings for volume in the sys.txt. Still hoping that it will even possible to chose every audio source even in Primo 1.2.

By the way... I don't see the speedcams while using primo. I thought Primo takes the speedcam files out of the same folder as IGo does?!?

Well, I will try to move those files to the right folder ( Primo\content\speedcam)

Ryar

Really appreciate your continued development work with Primo.I for one prefer the primo interface over stock IGO now I am more used to it.Wonder if Chuck has avoided the temptation to have a more intense play with it?Best regards Chuck if you are still around here!

My pleasure, I don't mind sharing any development I have had in hopes that others may also contribute in improving our units.

Can someone explain how to load the garmin and tom tom maps, and where to get the maps from?

There is a link on post 19 of this thread where you can find maps. Post #1 will tell you where to put them on your unit.

Thank you ryar...

I will test to modify the settings for volume in the sys.txt. Still hoping that it will even possible to chose every audio source even in Primo 1.2.

By the way... I don't see the speedcams while using primo. I thought Primo takes the speedcam files out of the same folder as IGo does?!?

Well, I will try to move those files to the right folder ( Primo\content\speedcam)

The speedcam files are not shared, you made the right decision copying them to Primo\content\speedcam.

I have uploaded a release of Primo with working sound regardless of source on post #2 of this thread. Note the TTS volume is controlled by Guidance volume and not Master volume. Hopefully Euro users will have better luck with TMC with this release.

Dear Ryar,

I’d like to ask you. The navigation keeps trying to connect to the internet. Is there a way to turn this off so it does not try to connect all the time?

Otherwise, I’ve successfully installed version of Prima 9.2.0.192885 into Primo 2 and everything works – the TTS – TMC – camera, and so on...

Thank you,

Pat

Dear Ryar,

I’d like to ask you. The navigation keeps trying to connect to the internet. Is there a way to turn this off so it does not try to connect all the time?

Otherwise, I’ve successfully installed version of Prima 9.2.0.192885 into Primo 2 and everything works – the TTS – TMC – camera, and so on...

Thank you,

Pat

He Pat,

Can you share your version of igo with workin tmc including teh sys.txt?

thanks!

My only worry in all of this is that iGO is downgrading to v2, is this right?

I dunno, when we switched to 1.2 from 1.1 I really missed some of the options 1.1 had. The home/work button and a friendlier overview mode as well as many more options in the GJ settings... I am kind of glad to have all this back. The only think 1.2 had that this doesn't is TTS pro (Are you sure you want to exit the program?) and it supported more voices. Note version 2.0 is not available yet, but should be available soon.

Dear Ryar,

Sure, tap Avic net, settings, connection settings, 3 Italia (or others if you added any). From there scroll down and make sure Autostart is off.