AVIC411.com

AVICnet 2.1 for AVIC F series, working OBDII! Updated 2014/04/30

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno, when we switched to 1.2 from 1.1 I really missed some of the options 1.1 had. The home/work button and a friendlier overview mode as well as many more options in the GJ settings... I am kind of glad to have all this back. The only think 1.2 had that this doesn't is TTS pro (Are you sure you want to exit the program?) and it supported more voices. Note version 2.0 is not available yet, but should the available soon.

Right. I actually meant igo rather than primo. I'm on version 4 apparently, I remember last time I installed avicnet igo appeared to downgrade to v2?

Right. I actually meant igo rather than primo. I'm on version 4 apparently, I remember last time I installed avicnet igo appeared to downgrade to v2?

I'm not sure what you mean. The stock iGo is iGo8, any differences between versions would be skins. Avicnet has its own shell so why is the version number relevant?

I'm not sure what you mean. The stock iGo is iGo8, any differences between versions would be skins. Avicnet has its own shell so why is the version number relevant?

Well, I'm pretty much 100% sure that last time that i Installed avicnet my iG08 went down from version 4.xxx to 2.xxx. Obviously i lost diafta's mod but more than that the UI was not the same as before I put his mod on. Checking in the Settings menu for the version it said I was on version 2 of the software, which is not as user friendly as the later version.

Am I confused? It is a distinct possibility but I don't think so.

This may be interesting for EU-Users of Primo 1.2 or 1.1 who want to add TMC

I found a possibility to use TMC even in Primo Version 1.2. Tested on my AVIC F900BT EUR and working so far.

Just download the file below and extract it to Primo\Content.

This will activate TMC for the following countries:

Belgium, Germany, Finland, France, GB, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Slovenia, Hungary,Sweden

http://remixshare.com/dl/ro84u/tmc.rar

Well, I'm pretty much 100% sure that last time that i Installed avicnet my iG08 went down from version 4.xxx to 2.xxx. Obviously i lost diafta's mod but more than that the UI was not the same as before I put his mod on. Checking in the Settings menu for the version it said I was on version 2 of the software, which is not as user friendly as the later version.

Am I confused? It is a distinct possibility but I don't think so.

I would say you are confused. There is no version 2 or 4 iGo8.

There is FW version 4.0 for the AVIC, which is a file-copy type upgrade, so only a couple of files are different under the APL folder (not APL2), MainMenu.exe and others (this as per Chuck).

Avicnet has been labeled version 2.03 because the creators started at version 1.0 and worked there way up with each release.

Again, they are two completely different things thus the version numbers are irrelevant to one another.

Ok cool. I will load avicnet tomorrow.

Thanks again ryar for all your efforts and patience...

EDIT

I flashed the w/o gyro file and all seems to have worked fine. WinCE properties still lists it as WinCE5, but I guess this is normal as it isn't actually a flash to 6 but bits of 6 right?

I then loaded avicnet and it all works. Though iGo does look different from stock pre avicnet... for example I now have the a button for the the colour profile permanently on? I know I was using diafta's mod before, but stock iGo didn't have that. Anyway, it works.

Primo and Primo2 both appear to work fine, GPS position is translated ot a map position immediately.

I then loaded Primo 1.0 to get access to audio without having to insert a SD card. No functional downgrade that I could really see.

Two questions, maybe requests.

1 Is there a way of getting a UK TTS voice?

2 Is there a mute/unmute button anywhere?

Ryar

Tried the Primo with audio from any source and it was a great success.Only problem is it seems there is no option to select euro signs,units etc and no tts inenglish uk.Is this something that can be addressed please?I am correct in thinking this versionis Primo 1.0 and that the audio settings anther be selected in 1.1 or 1.2?As always thank you for all your great work on the forum.

Two questions, maybe requests.

1 Is there a way of getting a UK TTS voice?

2 Is there a mute/unmute button anywhere?

I have some older loq voices work with Primo 1.0, I will upload them shortly and put them in post #2 of this thread. I didn't particularly like the UK voices because it says "please" before every command. The less chatter the better IMHO.

To mute tap the top right icon on the map screen, and tap the speaker. That will mute/unmute.

I guess for me I only use Primo so the plain stock interface doesn't bother me, although the interface of the stock iGo may be slightly modded. After much searching I found a download of Avicnet 2.1 which seems to include a custom mod. Half of mine is still in Russian, I will translate the rest and share it here when I find some time. It probably won't be anytime in the near future though.

Ryar

Tried the Primo with audio from any source and it was a great success.Only problem is it seems there is no option to select euro signs,units etc and no tts inenglish uk.Is this something that can be addressed please?I am correct in thinking this versionis Primo 1.0 and that the audio settings anther be selected in 1.1 or 1.2?As always thank you for all your great work on the forum.

Go to settings and regional. There you can select units, ect. I believe I left the default to English US. I will upload the English UK voices to post #2 of this thread shortly.

To be honest I got this version of Primo from an Avicnet 2.1 package which I finally found. I am not sure if the .exe has been modified to load the proper dlls, ect or if it natively worked. I looked into modifying the Primo 1.2 .exe to load the required dlls but am way out of my league in preforming such a task. If anyone with knowledge on the subject can help I would be grateful! I noticed the Russian Avicnet threads have disappeared from 4pda.ru and most versions of 2.1 out there are .exe files which ask you to make a payment to unzip :( Too bad, I have a feeling there will be no more updates from the creators.

One more thing to mention, I finally received my OBDII to usb reader. Although it works perfectly on my laptop I cannot get my AVIC to work with it. I tried a few 3rd party programs as well as the included program with no luck :( It sees that it is plugged into port 8 but no program I have tried can recognize it. I am considering ordering an ODBII to bluetooth adapter and using a bluetooth dongle (avicnet has a bluetooth stack built in which allows dongles to work, mainly for bluetooth modems I am assuming), however I have read it the ODBII bluetooth drains the battery down quickly if it is left plugged in. I am suborn and don't give up easy however, xD and will keep give it another shot when I find some time.

One more thing to mention, I finally received my OBDII to usb reader. Although it works perfectly on my laptop I cannot get my AVIC to work with it. I tried a few 3rd party programs as well as the included program with no luck :( It sees that it is plugged into port 8 but no program I have tried can recognize it.

ryar, you may need the right driver for the chip in the OBDII reader. If you use you laptop's device manager (assuming Windows here) and look under the OBDII device's properties, you should be able to look up the Hardware ID (usually has VID and PID in the string). You can then do a Google search to see if there are any WinCE drivers for that part (typically these things use an FTDI part but the EEPROM settings change the VID/PID to the OEM's info so only their driver works with it).

ryar, you may need the right driver for the chip in the OBDII reader. If you use you laptop's device manager (assuming Windows here) and look under the OBDII device's properties, you should be able to look up the Hardware ID (usually has VID and PID in the string). You can then do a Google search to see if there are any WinCE drivers for that part (typically these things use an FTDI part but the EEPROM settings change the VID/PID to the OEM's info so only their driver works with it).

Great, thanks for the info FourG! Excuse my ignorance, I am still a novice with winCE. How would one load the correct driver in winCE if found? Obviously with windows it can be done in the device manager. Would a mortscript file do the trick?

Great, thanks for the info FourG! Excuse my ignorance, I am still a novice with winCE. How would one load the correct driver in winCE if found? Obviously with windows it can be done in the device manager. Would a mortscript file do the trick?

Yeah, you'll probably need MortScript if you don't want to do an OS re-imaging. I had to do a similar thing to get my Spectec SDW-821 SDIO card to work with my AVIC-F90BT, the details of what was required might still show up if you search the forum for my posts (I don't have my notes handy). My work was derived from the MioPocket process used to enable the Spectec on handheld navis like the iPaq 310 (uses the same processor as my F90BT).

You could also use EEGeek's approach of replacing a useless driver with your own, see http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/31170-modify-base-os/ for the Wiki backup thread on that.

Ryar. Thank you very much for making the English TTS available.I have installed the voice files into content/voice folder but I'm not sure where the other files go exactly.I tried to select the uk voice but my unit froze and I had to reboot.Could you please tell me where to put the other files so I can get my girl to tell me where to go in English twang!!!

Edit

Forget that Ryan I have it sorted,must have had a dodgy SD card but it's all fine now,thanks.

Has anyone who has successfully got the maps working in Garmin and Tom Tom please confirm exactly where you have put them.I am looking at the instructions in post 1 and refer to the instructions regarding Tom Tom.I don't have a directory called My flash disc/Maps.Or do I have to create one?

Has anyone who has successfully got the maps working in Garmin and Tom Tom please confirm exactly where you have put them.I am looking at the instructions in post 1 and refer to the instructions regarding Tom Tom.I don't have a directory called My flash disc/Maps.Or do I have to create one?

Yep, create the directory and put the maps inside. Make sure you activate them for your unit.