AVIC411.com

AVICnet 2.1 for AVIC F series, working OBDII! Updated 2014/04/30

Dear Santa

If you happen to stumble upon our forum,is there any chance you can sort out the sound on Primo 1.2 so we can hear it without having to play through an SD card.I know you have one of these on your sliegh to help you find your way around so see if you can do nthis for the lads????Thanks.

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Santa

If you happen to stumble upon our forum,is there any chance you can sort out the sound on Primo 1.2 so we can hear it without having to play through an SD card.I know you have one of these on your sliegh to help you find your way around so see if you can do nthis for the lads????Thanks.

:lol:

Were you a good little boy this year ovalball? If not then it is Primo 1.0 for you!

This may be interesting for EU-Users of Primo 1.2 or 1.1 who want to add TMC

I found a possibility to use TMC even in Primo Version 1.2. Tested on my AVIC F900BT EUR and working so far.

Just download the file below and extract it to Primo\Content.

This will activate TMC for the following countries:

Belgium, Germany, Finland, France, GB, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Slovenia, Hungary,Sweden

http://remixshare.com/dl/ro84u/tmc.rar

Couldn't ge thtis to work....

ive searched and there are so many mapsets. anyone know what ones i need to get and how do i activate them for my unit

Thanks

If you go to the 1st link in post #19 there are directions on how to active the TomTom maps with your unit. Newer maps are always best!

Getting my F900bt soon and wanted to know if I need to install firmware 3.0 before this? Ryar, did you get the OBDII to usb reader to work? Also, in your video I see other applications calculator, paint, etc. do these work as well?

Didn't spend much time on the OBD2 reader, FourG mentioned there may be driver issues. Depending on if you are in North America or Europe use the firmware in post #1. With an F900BT make sure to flash the firmware in post #3 (after flashing 3.0) to disable the gyro.

I wonder if it is because I am running Primo 1.0 and Primo 1.2 (the w/o) option? I created the tmc folder in both Primo and Primo2 folders.

So TMC is not working in both 1.0 and patper's 1.2 in post #151? Are there any Euro users who have working TMC?

If you go to the 1st link in post #19 there are directions on how to active the TomTom maps with your unit. Newer maps are always best!

Didn't spend much time on the OBD2 reader, FourG mentioned there may be driver issues. Depending on if you are in North America or Europe use the firmware in post #1. With an F900BT make sure to flash the firmware in post #3 (after flashing 3.0) to disable the gyro.

Thanks Ryar! One last thing, I was reading through the whole FX3.1 thread and just wanted to confirm if you upgrade WindowsCE on any avic it will use more free space of the internal 2gb? So is upgrading WindowsCE worth it, meaning is the upgrade of CE what is making the unit more responsive or is it the firmware which makes the unit better?

Thanks Ryar! One last thing, I was reading through the whole FX3.1 thread and just wanted to confirm if you upgrade WindowsCE on any avic it will use more free space of the internal 2gb? So is upgrading WindowsCE worth it, meaning is the upgrade of CE what is making the unit more responsive or is it the firmware which makes the unit better?

It shouldn't take up much more space since you will only be flashing to a new winCE image. I think it would be a bit of both, a newer winCe and installing polished firmware (a custom mod) will help make your unit more responsive. You could take out all maps except areas you frequent, this will give you plenty of free space.

Thanks Ryar! Was looking through the file and have been reading over the forum a lot, can any windows ce program be run as long as all the required files are in APL4? If not where did all these programs come from (Bubblets, Mastermind, Calc98CE, etc)? Looking into modifying and it seems like there are two ways to do it, LeetCoders way of doing where you run a self created version of the UI to run on windowsCE or the way it seems like most other mods are going is just changing/improving Pioneers UI, what are your thoughts? Really just trying to understand everything as most information is scattered through out different threads.