AVIC411.com

AVICnet 2.1 for AVIC F series, working OBDII! Updated 2014/04/30

Thanks Ryar! Was looking through the file and have been reading over the forum a lot, can any windows ce program be run as long as all the required files are in APL4? If not where did all these programs come from (Bubblets, Mastermind, Calc98CE, etc)? Looking into modifying and it seems like there are two ways to do it, LeetCoders way of doing where you run a self created version of the UI to run on windowsCE or the way it seems like most other mods are going is just changing/improving Pioneers UI, what are your thoughts? Really just trying to understand everything as most information is scattered through out different threads.

You can put the programs anywhere and they will run, most are in APL4 for consistency. I moved Primo to APL2 so it would share the maps with iGo8, for some reason when it was in APL4 it would not see the maps. Some programs are in the system folder as well. If you would like to add programs you can create an icon by taping AVICnet, settings, settings menu, programs (for example), and add. There you can select an icon for the program, and must fill in the program name and path. The path would be for example: \My Flash Disk\APL4\example\example.exe.

It seems that working around the stock iGo is the easiest, now that we know system memory can be freed up by killing the ezrider process starting from scratch doesn't seem to be a feasible option. LeetCoder was very creative and talented, too bad he stopped development some time ago.

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes....

Thanks, did you try Primo 1.0? If so is TMC working in that version? Odd how you have it working but other users are having difficulties. Thanks again for the upload.

Hi. I have an AVIC-F320BT unit.

Is this mod working on it ?

thx

Sorry, no. Regarding Primo on your unit, Eam has a few posts near the end of the Primo thread but was having difficulties caused by his unit going into standby every 30 minutes. Maybe send him a PM and see if he has corrected the issue.

I can confirm that TMC works in the Primo 1.2 from Patper running w/o Ezrider. My guess is that it's working only because the ezrider.exe process is stopped. I haven't found a way yet to dissable TMC in ezrider, changing comport still makes tmc work in ezrider... Maybe by dissabling tmc it will work in Primo or maybe the comport can be splitted????

I'm coming over from a diaftia mod with an auto installer...how do I access test mode?

The Diafta mod has testmode in it. When you launch with diafta's mod on a sd card it takes you to a screen with a number of options (if the unit is US, EU, etc...) but at the bottom is a button that says CANCEL. If you press that you drop out into WinCE desktop.

Really enjoying AVICnet so far, except for the double start but I'm working on a fix for that...

Just wondering if anybody knows where the settings would be found for the screen dim for when you turn your headlights on?

The original software and a some of the other mods still dimmed the screen when you turned your headlights on but AVICnet doesn't.

Really enjoying AVICnet so far, except for the double start but I'm working on a fix for that...

Just wondering if anybody knows where the settings would be found for the screen dim for when you turn your headlights on?

The original software and a some of the other mods still dimmed the screen when you turned your headlights on but AVICnet doesn't.

The double start should only happen initially or after you boot into test mode; it is possible to disable but keep in mind it is loading many reg keys, ect which is what allow features such as making it more finger friendly in total commander by showing a lesser resolution, for example. Initially it booted WinCE into Russian but I changed it back to English.

My unit dims with the headlights fine, just set your screen brightness with them off and again with them on. It will remember your settings and dim accordingly.

1. I want to change some names ("games", "programs", "Utilities", etc..) on the otherc (in my native language).

Where I find a file (and which) and how to edit? (some program name)

2. Is it possible to map to the navigation software (igo, garmin, TomTom, etc) read from SD or USB. Avic is low on internal memory, unfortunately,

Where I find a file (and which) and how to edit?

Sorry for my English - I use a translator ;)

I have some older loq voices work with Primo 1.0, I will upload them shortly and put them in post #2 of this thread. I didn't particularly like the UK voices because it says "please" before every command. The less chatter the better IMHO.

To mute tap the top right icon on the map screen, and tap the speaker. That will mute/unmute.

I guess for me I only use Primo so the plain stock interface doesn't bother me, although the interface of the stock iGo may be slightly modded. After much searching I found a download of Avicnet 2.1 which seems to include a custom mod. Half of mine is still in Russian, I will translate the rest and share it here when I find some time. It probably won't be anytime in the near future though.

Go to settings and regional. There you can select units, ect. I believe I left the default to English US. I will upload the English UK voices to post #2 of this thread shortly.

To be honest I got this version of Primo from an Avicnet 2.1 package which I finally found. I am not sure if the .exe has been modified to load the proper dlls, ect or if it natively worked. I looked into modifying the Primo 1.2 .exe to load the required dlls but am way out of my league in preforming such a task. If anyone with knowledge on the subject can help I would be grateful! I noticed the Russian Avicnet threads have disappeared from 4pda.ru and most versions of 2.1 out there are .exe files which ask you to make a payment to unzip :( Too bad, I have a feeling there will be no more updates from the creators.

One more thing to mention, I finally received my OBDII to usb reader. Although it works perfectly on my laptop I cannot get my AVIC to work with it. I tried a few 3rd party programs as well as the included program with no luck :( It sees that it is plugged into port 8 but no program I have tried can recognize it. I am considering ordering an ODBII to bluetooth adapter and using a bluetooth dongle (avicnet has a bluetooth stack built in which allows dongles to work, mainly for bluetooth modems I am assuming), however I have read it the ODBII bluetooth drains the battery down quickly if it is left plugged in. I am suborn and don't give up easy however, xD and will keep give it another shot when I find some time.

Ryar I found this for check engine:

Setting up the USB connection

Connect the power adapter USB-ECU to the USB-port. And the computer will detect the adapter and will choose the driver to install.

If you connect your computer could not find the right driver and the adapter remains in the device list as "Unknown Device" - remove the AC adapter from the USB-port of the computer, install the adapter driver, USB-ECU, which is available at Download Site www.check-engine.ru. Then plug the adapter into the USB-port.

For the program Check-Engine with an adapter, the program must select the right COM-port. To determine which COM-port adapter, a connection is selected, go to My Computer> Properties> Hardware> Device Manager. In the list of devices, locate the "Ports (COM & LPT)". In the drop-down list should appear device USB Serial Port (COM X), where X - number of virtual COM-port. Select the program settings "Check-Engine" is the port.

So CheckEngine can select port 8 and should be able to work correct?

Ryar I found this for check engine:

Setting up the USB connection

Connect the power adapter USB-ECU to the USB-port. And the computer will detect the adapter and will choose the driver to install.

If you connect your computer could not find the right driver and the adapter remains in the device list as "Unknown Device" - remove the AC adapter from the USB-port of the computer, install the adapter driver, USB-ECU, which is available at Download Site www.check-engine.ru. Then plug the adapter into the USB-port.

For the program Check-Engine with an adapter, the program must select the right COM-port. To determine which COM-port adapter, a connection is selected, go to My Computer> Properties> Hardware> Device Manager. In the list of devices, locate the "Ports (COM & LPT)". In the drop-down list should appear device USB Serial Port (COM X), where X - number of virtual COM-port. Select the program settings "Check-Engine" is the port.

So CheckEngine can select port 8 and should be able to work correct?

I found this in AppProperties.xml:

<COMPortPrefix>COM</COMPortPrefix>

<COMPortNo>1</COMPortNo>

Can you try switching it and see if it works? Would love to get this working.