AVIC411.com

AVICnet 2.1 for AVIC F series, working OBDII! Updated 2014/04/30

I am sorry. its says nothing about apl4. It just says "unable to open icons\promo1.bmp#3

Thanks

Jimbo

I just re-copied the files I uploaded onto my unit and it works ok without any errors. Maybe try re-download and copy onto a different SD card? It sounds like a file is corrupt.

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just re-copied the files I uploaded onto my unit and it works ok without any errors. Maybe try re-download and copy onto a different SD card? It sounds like a file is corrupt.

I looked in the User\userdata\igo\save\userlists\navigation_83.txt and ther is a line there that says: Primo 2.0;;\\my flash disk\\apl2\\primo3\\run\\run.exe;;icons/igoprimo1.bmp#3;0;0.

So I am guessing that it can't find icons/igoprimo1.bmp#3. Where would I find to see if that is in?

Jimbo

I looked in the User\userdata\igo\save\userlists\navigation_83.txt and ther is a line there that says: Primo 2.0;;\\my flash disk\\apl2\\primo3\\run\\run.exe;;icons/igoprimo1.bmp#3;0;0.

So I am guessing that it can't find icons/igoprimo1.bmp#3. Where would I find to see if that is in?

Jimbo

Oh, I see what the problem is. I thought Primo 2.0 was giving an error after launching that it couldn't find some files, but it is avicnet missing an icon for Primo. I guess I have an extra icon named Primo1.

Change:

Primo 2.0;;\\my flash disk\\apl2\\primo3\\run\\run.exe;;icons/igoprimo1.bmp#3;0;0 to:

Primo 2.0;;\\my flash disk\\apl2\\primo3\\run\\run.exe;;icons/igoprimo.bmp#3;0;0

I will update the package, my apologies for the bad shortcut.

Edit: Updated link in post #2

wow, great job with everything on this thread! I had some time to kill and slowly skimmed through this whole thing. i have an f90bt that i updated to v3 a long time ago, and now i'm thinking about attempting this.

i am an idiot when it comes to these things sometimes. so i've already bookmarked this thread! haha

dumb question no.1:

a majority of what i've seen on here refers to GPS customizing and internet functionality. while i would LOVE the internet functionality, the GPS stuff isn't that important to me, though it would be cool. but i havent seen anything about how all this works with bluetooth phone operation or satellite radio, as well as regular radio and ipod integration. what exactly is the usability of these items with this update?

did just watch this though... VERY impressive and desireable, but he didn't even play any music, lol...

http://www.youtube.c...bed/gwHOtPJxJd4

It's the same thing, just an Italian version of avicnet. The creator has been watching this thread and added hobd and Primo 1.0 with sound and buttons which he got here. To answer your previous question all music and bluetooth should work as it did with stock.

after installing hobd driver and copying everything from that folder i cant get the obdii working i have f900bt and the same elm adapter connected to the usb of my unit wanter to make sure that i have connected it to the right usb dont know if there is a usb in the back of my unit.. any help would be appreciated i tried different port numbers could not get it to work..

after installing hobd driver and copying everything from that folder i cant get the obdii working i have f900bt and the same elm adapter connected to the usb of my unit wanter to make sure that i have connected it to the right usb dont know if there is a usb in the back of my unit.. any help would be appreciated i tried different port numbers could not get it to work..

OK, try these steps in this order:

1) Install driver (cab file)

2) Soft Reset

3) Check ports (My Flash Disk\System\serialports), make a note of which ports are used.

4) Plug in OBDII reader

5) Check ports again (My Flash Disk\System\serialports), OBDII should be on port 3, which was not present earlier.

6) Run HOBD, select port 3 (assuming serialport program shows OBDII as port 3)

The driver should auto-load when the OBDII reader is plugged in after the cab file is installed, checking the the serialport program before and after is a good indication if it is recognised.

Hope I'm not being a numpty by asking, but with Primo 2 the POI seem to be a bit scrambled. I can't get speed cameras to appear (which isn't a POI I know but still...), some don't appear, others appear but are not designated as what they are, ie I get a Bar for a Parking? This isn't consistently so, but is there an issue, or have I missed something?